• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lava Lamps

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Weird idea for a thread (I know) :rolleyes:

I've had my lava lamp for about 3 years and when I went to turn it on I realised that the bulb in it worked, which I thought it didnt. It was a nice surprise.

So does anyone else own a lava lamp? What colours? Do you use it often?

They seem like pretty pointless things to have in your house hold but I like to look at them and watch the different colours. I remember mine only costing £10 which I thought was pretty decent. I don't use it that often, only when I want to creat a bit of atmosphere in my room.

Scorpio

Registered Member
Hi I'm new..:nod:

I have three lava lamps..a giant one in the sitting room, which takes a couple of hours to get going, but when it does, its very relaxing. it's nice in the winter when the lights are off and that is glowing. it can be quite hypnotic, if you know what I mean, a bit like staring into a fire I suppose!

I have another two..a smaller one in the bedroom..all blue.

I don't know when this post will appear..:lol:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I have a green one in my room but I always forget it's there because I use it as a hairband holder :D I've had it for years and love watching it when it's turned on, even though I haven't in a while. I used to have a glitter lamp too, but no idea where that went.

dDave

V.I.P.
I have a lamp, it's pretty awesome though I'm fairly certain that the bulb doesn't work.

The lamp has a black casing, yellow wax, and purple water, it looks really cool at night when it's turned on.

I also have 2 others that are larger (I have no clue where one of them is though)

Both of them have a black casing and clear water but the wax in one of them is red and the other is blue.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I have a lamp, it's pretty awesome though I'm fairly certain that the bulb doesn't work.

The lamp has a black casing, yellow wax, and purple water, it looks really cool at night when it's turned on.

I also have 2 others that are larger (I have no clue where one of them is though)

Both of them have a black casing and clear water but the wax in one of them is red and the other is blue.
Wow, the first one you described sounded pretty awesome!

My lava lamp has black casing, purple tinged water and yellow wax. It's small size, nothing big or anything. I love to look at them when all the lights are off and they are the only source of light in the room.

dDave

V.I.P.
Wow, the first one you described sounded pretty awesome!

My lava lamp has black casing, purple tinged water and yellow wax. It's small size, nothing big or anything. I love to look at them when all the lights are off and they are the only source of light in the room.

Haha, I just went to turn it on and realized that it does work, I just didn't have the bulb screwed in quite all the way so that's good, I'll probably turn it on later tonight just for old times sake, it's been a long long time.

Good old lamp, mine is a mini as well.

Twitch

Registered Member
I have one. It's not the usual shape, though, it's straight and goes out at the bottom.

I don't use it much.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I like them and think they're pretty cool to look at but I'd never spend money on them. I'd get bored of it after a while I think.