• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Laundry

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Okay, I know this is not the most exciting topic in the world but sadly if you don't have a big place or a garden you do have to plan doing these things. I for one do washing every two days, this gives the clothes at least one day to dry and doing one big load I find irritating to organize and to do. Do you do your own laundry or does your significant other do it? Do you have a washing machine or do you got to a laundrette?

lilmisshissyfit

Registered Member
I do my own, i have a washer dryer so i just throw in a load in the morning and it's washed and dried by the time i get home from work, my mum would go mad if she saw how i do my laundry, i just throw everything in and hope for the best :)

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm used to my Grandma doing all the laundry (don't throw rocks, she actually enjoys it), but obviously now that I'm away from home most of the year I do it myself. We have a washing machine and a dryer, but nobody uses the dryer apart from one of my housemates, of which it is a requirement for her nurse uniform.

I do a wash whenever I run out of underwear. I always run out of socks first, due to wearing them lots for gym and not having all that many pairs here, so when that happens I'll put a load or 2 in. Then I hang it all on a clotheshorse in my room. I much prefer when it gets hung outside on the washing line at home but nevermind!

ssvs04

Registered Member
I do my own, i have a washer dryer so i just throw in a load in the morning and it's washed and dried by the time i get home from work, my mum would go mad if she saw how i do my laundry, i just throw everything in and hope for the best :)
Go crazy is what my wife does when she sees me throw all the laundry in at the same time and as you say hope for the best. Gotta love her for the patience she shows this neanderthal:rolleyes:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I don't even know how to operate a washing machine. I put all my dirty clothes and underwear in a basket and give it to my sister to wash it.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I won't throw rocks, Bex. My mum does mine. :lol:

Basically when I moved in the washing machine that was already here was in awful condition. The previous tenant had left a lot of clothes in there which stunk and it was just dirty inside and didn't sound good when turned on.
I asked if I could replace it but was told no! Apparently the landlord (I go through an agency who speak to the landlord) said it isn't old and it belongs to her so she wants it kept there.
So basically the plan was to stay here for no more than a year and find a better place and landlord!

My mum washes our clothes every Thursday and I collect them over the weekend. And I believe you that your grandma enjoys it because my mum enjoys it too!
I always feel awful about her doing it but she said she likes it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I won't throw rocks, Bex. My mum does mine. :lol:

Basically when I moved in the washing machine that was already here was in awful condition. The previous tenant had left a lot of clothes in there which stunk and it was just dirty inside and didn't sound good when turned on.
I asked if I could replace it but was told no! Apparently the landlord (I go through an agency who speak to the landlord) said it isn't old and it belongs to her so she wants it kept there.
So basically the plan was to stay here for no more than a year and find a better place and landlord!

My mum washes our clothes every Thursday and I collect them over the weekend. And I believe you that your grandma enjoys it because my mum enjoys it too!
I always feel awful about her doing it but she said she likes it.
But you pay the rent to live there. The landlord can't tell you whether you have to use her washing machine or not, you could have just placed it outside somewhere where it was in a safe spot.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm not going to dump a washing machine that belongs to the landlord. I'd get in trouble and would have to pay for it.
Also, I don't want to put it in any other room because it would look awful. I don't want my flat looking like a junk yard.
There are other reasons we don't want to stay here too long anyway.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Do it every two weeks, mix darks and whites using a "Color Catcher" that soaks up excess dyes. Cotton wash with fabric softener on occasion.

Reminder: get more socks.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have a washing machine at home. When my parents are home, mom does the laundry. When nobody's home I do it instead.
There are clothes I wash by hand but now with the technology of the washing machines they can wash clothes the same way as they are washed by hand.
I don't do laundry every single day because I don't have time for that. I mostly wash them during the weekend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HalfEatenSurprise General Discussion 10
J Advice 1
K Bathroom Wall 11
Msbabedoll Money & Investing 7
iggyshotthebear General Discussion 3