PlayStation 3 Launch Details?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Doc, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

What do we know so far about the PS3 and it's launch? Like the Revolution, there isn't really much known about it yet and I was just wonderig what was known.

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I couldnt tell ya Steve.

Probably round mid next year. I havent even heard many rumors about it

3. Albey

Albey Registered Member

I'v heard of it coming out. I thought it was a complete rumor though.. I'll have to ask arround.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It'll be interesting to see how much this thing costs. I'm guessing $500. I've never been a big fan of the Playstation consoles. There are really any exclusive games that interest me. Most of them end up coming out for Xbox like Grand Theft Auto.

5. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

I heard that it is going to be roxxars, Ken Kutaragi said so anyway. But he has let me down before with his promises, so don't count on it ; )

6. Doc

I think it's somewhere around $300 - $350 for launch.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

There's no way it'll be cheaper than Xbox 360. Did you see that somewhere or are you just guessing?

8. Doc

I saw it on IGN, actually.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's supposed to have "several" processors. It should be a very nice console indeed, but really what it boils down to is what games will it have. You have your givens, like Final Fantasy, which will be awesome on it. Then of course a ton of Anime and RPG titles, which help it a lot. It also has a huge sports lineup, but many of it's sports games are third party, and don't really give anyone a reason to buy a PS3. That goes for all third party games. So you get a special character in the PS3 version, I'm not going to buy one JUST for that character, when I can buy the game for the 360, which by the time PS3 comes out, I will already have.

*Insert breather here*

Ok, I think that the PS3 is going to have to announce some killer exclusive partnerships in order to stay up to par this time around. You never know though, they might have enough exclusive RPG titles to do insanely well already. I don't play many RPG's on Sony systems to know how big they all are though.

10. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

PS3 has metal gear solid and GT (although does GT hold the same power it used to, wasn't GT4 a let down?)... but then again those two titles ARE made for fans of those two series...

PS3 is also the sequal to PS2, that should be enough to at least get it on a charging start