• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Launch Details?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Well E3 happens in May... It could launch within a couple of months afterwards... somewhere between june and august sounds like a good window

dk_rare

Registered Member
If they are planning on having playable games at E3, and I read somewhere (a Nintendo statement/interview, that is) that they said don't be surprised if you don't hear much more before 2006, so we may hear a lot more come january?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
When does Space World roll around?

KannonMAK

Registered Member
They said the system would launch anytime between March 31st to Dec 31st of 2006, for sure.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
That's a big time frame, though. Nine months is a lot of time to give people for a general release date.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
When they give you a time frame like that, you should generally expect the release to be near the end of it.

KannonMAK

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
When they give you a time frame like that, you should generally expect the release to be near the end of it.
more then likely, but still, 2006 is assured*.

*not actually assured, remember who we are talking about.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Yes, we are talking about Nintendo... a company who is notorious for delays... which always end up for the better...

The problem is, Nintendo can not afford to be the last release again... I fully expect them to release the 'Revolution' before the PS3 is out... maybe only a few weeks before, but as I said, they cannot afford to be the last out again