Movies laughing at inapprorpiate times in movies

Buzzsawbilly

Registered Member
Does anybody else laugh when a person dies or something that is supposed to be sad happens

Yes. It's uncontrollable laugher that I can't help. In serious moments I have a problem with laughing.

During Titanic when the guy fell from the boat and hit the propeller I started to laugh so hard.

I had a really bad fit during one of the silent parts in the third starwars- film.. when Palpatine started to explain something to Anakin about the force. I just couldn't help it. "...it can bring back the deeead". Or "save your loved ones". It was almost as bad (the laughing fit, I mean) as when we finally got to know Bobbafett's reason for being so awesome - it wasn't that he never died, see, he just had so many clones to kill off. And I went "aha! So that's where all the Stormtrooper fodder comes from!".

Worst thing is the commercials, though. I don't watch TV, so I often see the commercials for the first time in the cinema. And no one laughs except for me, because everyone else have seen it a hundred times before..

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Yes. It's uncontrollable laugher that I can't help. In serious moments I have a problem with laughing.

During Titanic when the guy fell from the boat and hit the propeller I started to laugh so hard.
Who didn't laugh at that point?

It depends on the moment. If I actually care about a character I won't, but sometimes things that are meant to be sad are hilarious.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
i know what you mean. if its a sad death and done well, i dont laugh but if its just plain cheesy or unexpected, i laugh.

...I laughed when Leonardo froze and sunk into the sea. Wasn't that very popular either. But it was just the bottled up absurdity of it all..

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Ridiculously gory deaths always get a smile and groan out of me, and occasionally a bit of a chuckle. Then again, I'm not sure they aren't supposed to trigger that reaction in most cases.

Last edited: