• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Latop, Desktop or Tablet?

Which do you prefer?

• Laptop

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Desktop

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Tablet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
In this day and age virtually everything is a computer where the internet can be accessed. As sad as it is ever since I saw the wonder of tablet computers I pretty much take my tablet with my everywhere I go. My laptop is always in my front room on my sofa should I wish to use it and my desktop pc also gets a lot of usage for one thing or another.

Of all of my machines I tend to use my PC the most, I watch movies on it, I do photo editing on it and it is the main storage for basically everything ion my life. I also still like using a proper keyboard and mouse and having a proper monitor (I have recently got a new graphics card that allows me to use two monitors which is pretty wikid).

Which do you prefer? Which do you own? Why do you prefer one over the other? Comment and vote!

Elanor

Registered Member
I own a laptop and a tablet. Out of the two I much prefer my laptop. I like being able to type properly with keys instead of the touchscreen, and I just find the laptop much easy to use if I am on the internet. My tablet I mainly use for games and ebooks, and I will use it for GF and facebook if my laptop is off and I can't be arsed to turn it on.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I have a couple of desktops and a tablet. I prefer to have a desktop and a laptop around the house so we can get the best of both worlds. The tablet is great for small stuff and games.

dDave

V.I.P.
I have a desktop, a laptop, and an iPhone 5s. My parents have a 3rd gen iPad that I never use.

I'll use my phone as a tablet pretty constantly. I'll be checking GF, eBay, etc. I'll use the laptop only when I need the convenience if being away from my desktop.

In short, I love my desktop and it's my favorite.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've used laptops and I much prefer my desktop. You can't take it with you like a laptop but I prefer typing on it and the larger screen.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've always preferred to have a desktop, and I just built a new one which I'm loving. I use my iPhone to browse the web when I'm not on my computer. I've just never felt like I've needed a laptop or tablet.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've never owned my own desktop. My parents had one when I was still in school, but the first time I had to spend my own money on one, I got a laptop. It's just more convenient for when you maybe travel or for using anywhere in your home.

I don't own a tablet either. For that kind of use I can use my iPhone.