Latest Rumour

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont how much truth there is to this, but I've heard this rumour yesterday. I dont have any sources for it, I apologize.

The rumour is that the WWE is planning to give Ted Dibiase Jr a huge push, like I mean huge push in the next year and beyond, they believe that in a couple of years he'll be the face of the business. Now here comes the surprising twist in this rumour, supposely the WWE will make a match between The Undertaker and Ted Dibiase at Wrestlemania in 2010, and Dibiase is going to be The Undertaker and his winning streak will be over.

Thoughts on this?

wooly

I am the woolrus
I haven't seen too much of him but he seems pretty solid, nothing particularly exciting about him at all though...

I'd say there's a high chance this has no basis. Could just be people come up with theories that Ted Dibiase jr will have some sort of involvement with the undertaker because of Taker's relationship with Ted Dibiase sr., and maybe that's where it came from.

As for wrestlemania 2010, a lot can happen in 2 years! I'm not set for making any bets yet :p

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No I totally agree with you that a lot can happen in two years, so I won't hold my breath till then.

But I can see why these rumours are out there, I see loads of potential in Ted Dibiase Jr, he's young, has the charisma, he's good on the microphone and he's only going to become a better wrestler.

So it does make sense in a way.

Should be interesting though.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Out of all people I would put on a list to be the one to break Undertaker's streak, DiBiase wouldnt be up there quite yet. This seems a little far fetched for me...but since we're talking a couple years down the road its not impossible to imagine I suppose.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know you said that you see lots of potential in him as well, why wouldn't he be on top of your list?

You also mentioned he wouldn't be one your list of wrestlers to break Undertaker's record at Wrestlemania. Who would be the wrestlers you speak of?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Teddy could easily become a top heel and work an extended program with Taker, but I tend to believe that Mark will retire undefeated at Mania. It just makes for a better legend and legacy for the company to have as a feather in its cap down the road.

...There will be blood. :)

padd

Registered Member
I can't stand Dibiase Jr. since he joined the RAW. He's getting sucha huge push since he joined, the guy won a fuckin belt on his 1st week on the roster, fuck him man the guy looks like hes wrestling in a diaper. If that happens WWE is making a big mistake, Dibiase Jr never proved himself, but since his father was a long time super star he gets credit for alot of talent.

Can you say over-rated?

wooly

I am the woolrus
I can't stand Dibiase Jr. since he joined the RAW. He's getting sucha huge push since he joined, the guy won a fuckin belt on his 1st week on the roster, fuck him man the guy looks like hes wrestling in a diaper. If that happens WWE is making a big mistake, Dibiase Jr never proved himself, but since his father was a long time super star he gets credit for alot of talent.

Can you say over-rated?
i agree completely, i don't really see anything exciting about him at all. there's a thousand other dibiase's out there in terms of wrestling but not in terms of lineage i guess

lol - this HAS to be a rumor. Ted beating The Undertaker at WM to break his streak? I don't think so. I don't think even The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H or Vince would ever be able to do that. It's one of his main accomplishments and it would be ashame if WWE decided to do this.

If this rumor was about Triple H breaking The Undertakers streak, I would, possibly fallen for it.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know you said that you see lots of potential in him as well, why wouldn't he be on top of your list?

You also mentioned he wouldn't be one your list of wrestlers to break Undertaker's record at Wrestlemania. Who would be the wrestlers you speak of?
He's not at the top of my list soley because he hasn't proven himself yet. If someone is going to break the streak it obviously makes sense for it to be someone much younger because it'll help propell them to superstardome. Maybe within the next year Teddy will prove himself more and more as he gets experience.

Its hard to say who I would want to break the streak. Edge is 35, Cena is God already, Batista is completely over...so I dunno. Cody Rhodes is there but eh on that one. Maybe a guy like Orton would work. Or maybe someone will surface over the next year...MVP could be a good option too.

Teddy could easily become a top heel and work an extended program with Taker, but I tend to believe that Mark will retire undefeated at Mania. It just makes for a better legend and legacy for the company to have as a feather in its cap down the road.

...There will be blood. :)
I've always debated that its a waste of a storyline if you dont have someone beat Undertaker. The streak's main goal, obviously, was to get Undertaker over like no other but I think underneath all that they are building this up to have someone take him down and forever be a legend as a result.

Can you say over-rated?
DiBiase isn't overrated because he's done next to nothing. The World Tag Titles aren't prestigious belts anymore...they just arent; him winning them was nice for him but not like it would have been 10 years ago.

I'd give him more of a chance then you are. He's been around, what, 6 months? He's a solid wrestler and pretty good on the mic and is only going to get better.