• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Late Late At Night by Rick Springfield

Dabs

Registered Member
Ok, some of y'all may have seen Rick Springfield's new book he wrote being advertised...yeah, yeah, I bought it today :)
I happen to think he was hot in the 80s and I think he still looks good today, for a 61 year old man!!
I know plastic surgery helped...but, he wrote the book, it's his memoir, non-fiction.......and I like to glance at the photos~
Might make for an interesting read~
Am I the only one who thinks...or thought....Springfield was/is a hottie?? ~LoL~

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't read the book, but supposedly he said somewhere in the book that he almost killed himself because of his looks. Not because he was to good looking, but because he thought that he was bad looking. Personally, I find that a little ridiculous and I believe he's full of shit when says that. I think that it's just a good way to sell books, and he wants to get his name out there once again.

I might be totally way off on that assumption, but that's what I think.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I had a crush on him, it's true. I might read it just out of curiosity, but probably not.

But when you're talking about 61 year old men, Springsteen >>>>> Springfield

Dabs

Registered Member
I haven't read the book, but supposedly he said somewhere in the book that he almost killed himself because of his looks. Not because he was to good looking, but because he thought that he was bad looking. Personally, I find that a little ridiculous and I believe he's full of shit when says that. I think that it's just a good way to sell books, and he wants to get his name out there once again.

I might be totally way off on that assumption, but that's what I think.

Yes, Babe Ruth, you are correct.
He supposedly tried to hang himself when he was 17 years old!
But the noose came loose......and he said he figured it must not be his time to go.
At 17??
I was thinking...Gee, what was so damn bad he wanted to die at 17??
Not saying there are people who don't feel that way at any age...but seems a bit young to have enough worries to warrant wanting to kill yourself.
But..yes I know, teens commit suicide a lot :sigh:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sunrise General Discussion 4
Doc Food & Beverage 19
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 3
Dragon General Discussion 18
Thugnasty Movies & TV 1