Last stop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Jul 30, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I've been bike riding both alone and with my girls lately. Although we like to take different routes, we somehow always end up riding past our neighborhoods quaint little nursing facility. It's set back on a wooded lot, and looks like an L shaped old farmhouse painted white with red trim. All the rooms are on the first floor so riding past affords you the opportunity to see the residents.
    You look through each window as you go by and although each room houses a different person, the view in each is the same....sadness.
    Every time I go past, they are just sitting there in a wheelchair or in their beds looking forlornly at a little TV or staring out the window.
    I really hope a nursing home isn't my 'last stop'. I'd hate to die in such a lonely place.:(

I don't mind the thought of being alone when it happens, but I do mind the thought of it being in a place that just seems so....hopeless.

I think I'd like to be looking out the window of my ocean side cottage watching the waves crash to shore as I take my last breath.

What about you? Have you given any thought to your last stop?

For those who hate long reads, sorry.

2. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

You shouldn't apologize for speaking your mind. But as or the last stop. Well I guess if I had my way, it would be on a nice hill in Tuscany, where there an old pickup down where the vineyard is. The house is Tuscan Pride, and has all the perks of Italian engineering.

However, we're all on this train of life. No one knows where the last stop will be, but we'll all meet back at the main station.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

True, I guess it's more a question of where you'd like to be when it happens.

Your spot sounds really nice.

4. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

Why thanks, yours does to.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

As long as I can see the sun set one last time from a high hill and feel comfortable with my life, I don't mind where my last stop is, as long as I can enjoy the outdoors.

6. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I just don't want it to be hooked up to a bunch of medical equipment. I want to be with Knyte and possibly with other family members (unless of course Knyte's dead, then I'll just wait and see him after I die.)

Although I've always stated I don't want to die from poor health or in a bed. I would much rather be 101, in perfect health, and crossing the road and get hit by a bus being killed instantly or something.

7. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I've never given it much thought. But I suppose if I had a choice I'd want to be in the country-side and be able to see green fields and life of nature.

8. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

I havent ever really thought about my "last stop" but whenever and where ever it may be I hope I am having one hell of a time when it is that time.

Like in a strip club at 90 heart attack during my lap dance would be a good way.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd want to be outdoors, enjoying nature. Perhaps climbing my last mountain.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I have no specific place in mind. I just want it to be in the arms of someone I really love, wherever we may be.