Movies Last Movie you watched

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I brought this up in the staff room, and staff members had a real good discussion about it. As some of you know, we already have a thread about this in ST, but it's pretty much dead. The reason why it was moved to ST, from this section was because it became a spam fest, where people just replied with the title of the movie and nothing else.

This could be a very good topic with great discussion, which is why we decided to give you guys another chance with it. A lot of times you'll watch a movie and you want to talk about it, but you know it doesn't deserve it's own thread, which is why we have this one.

You can talk about a movie that someone posted, too. Your reply doesn't always need to be about a movie you watched.

This thread will be "heavily moderated" meaning that we'll keep an eye out for spam posts, like "ohhh, this movie was so good" and other posts of that nature. Those type of posts will be deleted by staff, and if it becomes a problem with certain members, infractions will be handed out.

This is sort of a format we would like to see if you want to talk about the last movie you watched:
Movie Name:
Director:
Synopsis (use spoiler tags if necessary): short background what's it about
Thumbs up: the strong points of the movie
Thumbs down: what the movie lacked or what they disliked
Overall Rating (1-5): 5 being highly recommended

Obviously, you can just talk about the movie, but just wanted to give a small sample of what this thread should be about.

Also, just want to state that even though the title states "Last Movie you watched" it doesn't necessarily mean that.​

If it's a popular movie and there's already a thread created about it, please post your thoughts in there instead of here.​
If you have any disagreements, please don't post them here, contact me via PM.

Also, no, this isn't like a review thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Cool, been watching some movies before going to bed lately, like I used to do. So here's one of my recently watched:

Title: Dear John
Director: Lasse Hallstrom

Synopsis: Adaption of Spark's Novel of the same name. Soldier falls in love with a woman and they exchange letters after he is deployed to the war (thanks wiki).

Thumbs up: Channing Tatum! I watched this after seeing him for the first time in Magic Mike. He is good looking and he can actually act. Also liked the family relationships in the story. Liked that very much, actually.

Thumbs down: Can't think of any (unless you count that the drama made me cry at some point).

Overall Rating: 4

thedy

Registered Member
Hmm,I was watching last time a Wrath of the Titans.
Director:Jonathan Liebesman

Plot:Zeus is captured and Perseus have to save him and world from the Titans.

Thumbs up:Nice visual effects and Liam Neeson like Zeus

Thumbs down:Not very intelligent dialoges,short and absence of good screenplay

Rating:2:)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.

Some of you might have watched it.
These two couples exchange partners but I can say it's the worst movie J. Roberts has ever played in.
It was a somewhat confusing plot although interesting at the same time but definitely not for J. Roberts.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Drive (2011)

Director: Nicolas Winding Refn
Synopsis: A hollywood stuntman who moonlights as a getaway driver finds himself in a spot of trouble.
Thumbs up: Ryan Gosling
Thumbs down: The lack of pace, unrealistic interactions with other characters
Overall Rating (1-5): 3 / 5

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am about to watch "Hunger Games" on Netflix, will post my opinion soon.
------
Movie Name: Hunger Games

Director: Gary Ross

Synopsis (use spoiler tags if necessary): Katniss Everdeen voluntarily takes her younger sister's place in the Hunger Games, a televised fight to the death in which two teenagers from each of the twelve Districts of Panem are chosen at random to compete.

Thumbs up: Interesting synopsis and story, the direction and the scenes were well produced, would be better if I had not seen Battle Royale.

Thumbs down: I can honestly say I hated this film, I really do not want to compare the story to BR but I can't help but not. The problem is it just doesn't make an awful lot of sense, It tries but it doesn't manage it, the story of BR made sense because of how the reasons for it happening, I am at the end of the film and I honestly have forgotten why the game was brought in to begin with.

Overall Rating (1-5): 1 - if I could score .5 I would, if you want to see this film but done properly watch BR.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I hated The Hunger Games as well Ginock. It was so overhyped for what it was... a Battle Royale rip-off. A bad one at that. Iv'e read The Hunger Games books and they are just as bad as the film. The writing is shocking! It's Twilight-level of bad writing.

Movie Name: Death Proof
Director: Quentin Tarantino
Synopsis: Stuntman driver kills women with his car
Thumbs up: Basically everything, this movie was just awesome in every way.
Thumbs down: One character basically vanished, we never found out what happened to her. That was sort of annoying.
Overall Rating: 4 or maybe even 5. It's hard to choose, this film made me so happy. One of the best films I've watched in ages.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
The Hunger Games was ok, but I read the book first. After seeing the film, I think it'd be pretty difficult to follow if you haven't read the book (I have no idea if you guys have or not). Some of the things in the film were done perfectly, others were not done so well. Just my $0.02 though.

Here's my last movie. (I think I've got all of you beat :hah:)

Movie Name: V for Vendetta
Director: James McTeigue
Synopsis: A shadowy freedom fighter known only as "V" uses terrorist tactics to fight against his totalitarian society. Upon rescuing a girl from the secret police, he also finds his best chance at having an ally.
Thumbs up: Absolutely superb storyline that leaves the viewer wanting more and more. The action shots were incredible and I found myself really caring about the characters. It's a 2 hour and 15 minute film and it doesn't matter because it's so captivating.
Thumbs down: They didn't elaborate quite enough on the backstory, I would have liked to see more of it. (though it can easily be inferred what exactly happened) It does not take away from the film at all though. If anything it gives it a bit of a mysterious feel on top of the rest of the pros. There are also a few inconsistencies within the film (but this is true of any film) if you know what you're looking for they are pretty easy to spot.
Overall Rating: 4.6/5 off of the principle that there are better movies out there, but not many.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Movie name: Dinner for Schmucks
Director: Jay Roach
Synopsis: A guy who gets a promotion is invited to a dinner party. The thing though is that he has to bring an idiot so everyone can make fun of him.
Thumbs up: Not a lot of them. Steve Carrell had a few good scenes, especially when he made it to the party.
Thumbs down: Bad movie, only a couple of funny scenes, a lot of empty space that were filled with non-sense.
Overall rating: 0/5

Movie: Seven Psychopaths
Director: Martin McDonagh
Synopsis: A British black comedy about a screenwriter & his two dognapping friends who piss off the wrong gangster.
Thumbs up: Everyone brings their A game, even the smaller roles. Great writing. Great direction. Funny. Violent.
Thumbs down: Nothing, really.
Overall rating: 9/10.