Last minute bidding

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Dragon, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Do people usually bid the last minute on your item? I am giving up hope on my Holy Cheeto but will see what happen towards the end. 452 hits with only 9 watchers.

2. trees

trees Registered Member

Hi, good question!
    From my experience some times they do wait till the last minute, so they can get it for the lowest bid possible.... alot of people watch things just to see what happens, and you never get bids.....I also think some people will watch things when you have not requested watchers just to be a bother and keep you from revising it and adding more time, so then you think it is going to sell and it does not! These things are not proven facts! lol Just my opinion! Good luck to you! I have two auctions now with the same thing going on!

3. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

Ususally people do bid at the last minute, but I have things that have had almost 5,000 hits and 30 watchers and they end without a bid???

4. trees

trees Registered Member

Sometimes I feel like the only way to get bids would be to offer to "hoolahoop in my front yard naked while singing an advertisment jingle" while the Christmas parade passes! HaHAHa

I feel a little humorous today, I would never do that! Feel free to take the idea! lol

Free idea here! heeheeeheeheeee

Oh and by the way, if it makes you rich, give me a tip! lol

OH MY, I MAY HAVE JUST THOUGHT OF THE NEXT BIG THING!
    I WONDER??????????????????? (IT WOULD REALLY MAKE ME SICK IF IT WAS ) :warp:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  5. The_Human_Pin

The_Human_Pin Registered Member

Like I have posted elsewhere if you look at all the members here (103) and if each and everyone of us watched the others auction thats one hell of a start but unfortunatly dont see that happening since one of mine has 10 watchers and the other 6 so not sure.

B "THP" M

6. trees

trees Registered Member

So true, so true!

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, it all depends on a lot of things. GP waits till the end. With an MP3 player or something, I would wait till the end. Wich some hugely popular item, I almost think it's best to bid early too so people know you are interested. Sometimes that causes early bidding wars too though, which is not good. (At least for the buyers :D, Sellers like that LOL!)

8. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd be shock if Golden Palace bids on my auction. Will be having an oxygen tank on standby just in case. If they win my auction, I have something to give them to add to their collection. Thanks for the tip everyone!

9. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I am probaly one of those last min bidders. In the auctions I go after If you bid to early the price will go through the roof. I hate to say it but I love snipeing the auction .That's how I got the BATMAN Cast Jacket for 20.00 and the custom longboard for 30.00 and many more. 9 times out of 10 bidding late or snipeing works the best(sorry). (H.Pin ) I agree with what you said. I have almost all the members auctions in my watch list. It's areal good idea. Well that's my dime....
    C-ya around the boards................

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's funny because eBay employees aren't allowed to bid within the last hour of an auction or something like that. Apparently it gives new unexperienced eBayer's a bad first experience if they are sniped.. It made me mad because I'm totally a last second sniper all the way. I had to basically stop bidding on auctions.

I was sniped on the first auctions I bought. What did it do for me? It made me "eBay street smart." I wouldn't call it a bad experience. It was a cheap lesson, and now look at me. I'm just as "snipe-happy" as the rest! :D