last.fm

Discussion in 'Music' started by AnitaKnapp, Apr 7, 2009.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Since when did they start putting a limit on how many times you can listen to one song?

The other day I was listening to a Goldfrapp song, and it let me listen to that one as much as I wanted. Today I listen to a Breaking Benjamin song, and after a couple of times it tells me that I've reached the limit of listening to that particular song today.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Wait until they tell you you can't listen to them anymore because of licensing whatever. Seems like they're putting limits to online streams lately.

3. AnitaKnapp

That really sucks. I started listening at work when I would think of a particular song and wanted to listen to it. I used to use projectplaylist.com, but it appears that work has decided to block that site now. I'm out of options. At least I have my iPod today if I want to listen to BB more. =P

4. Mason

Mason phawq

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Never heard of last.fm before, I used to listen to The Buzz using shoutcast until the hospital said no more so now I just put the music I want to listen to into a folder and have that playing all day long.

6. AnitaKnapp

I only use it to look for and listen to specific songs at work. I don't have much of a choice here. My work tends to block everything.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I had a last.fm acount a while back, used it for a few weeks and then forgot about it. It was okay, I'm not a huge fan of online music players. I usually just use MySpace is I have to find a song to listen to.

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I have never had that happen, but I rarely use it to listen to other music unless I am trying to find some new music that I might be able to get into. I just typically use it to see what songs I listen to most often and what not.

9. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

I like the stats, and it's cool if you like lesser known artists. Allows you to get in touch with people with a similar 'odd' taste, as well as with musicians.

HHC?s Music Profile ? Users at Last.fm

10. Kanji

Kanji Registered Member