Last 1,000 Pixels on Million Dollar Homepage on eBay

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mirage, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Whoa! This is the site you have a link on right? Granted this is a bigger space but he wasn't selling for this high before......was he?????? I know I've been there and read but of course can't remember.....

BTW you're lookin mighty FINE there in that pic Andrew :D

3. Mirage

Now I can't change my avater ever or people will get confused when they read your last post... lol

Anyway, he sold the rest for $100 per 10x10 square. This last block is a bit more since it's the last space there will ever be. $6k so far too..

4. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Do you believe this:
    ---At the time of writing, Alexa.com ranks my site 127th out of ALL websites on the internet.---?

To me that is almost impossible to believe. Kudos to the guy that took a simple idea and made a million bucks. Gives me faith that I can do the dame.

5. Mirage

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hey now why in the hell didn't I think of that one...:-o :rolleyes: :-o
    A little rough on the eyes! Oh crap!!!! I have gone blind with eye strain:lol: :lol:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Some one on ebay is renting out their ad space. Are they allowed to do that? I would thing they would need permission from the guy who owns that site.

8. Mirage

If they redirect the traffic I think that's fine. They just can't have the site updated with a new link. The smart people had urls like www.site.com/million/ so that was they can redirect the traffic later. I own some spots on that site that I have redirected traffic to different sites from. They have all been my own sites though.

9. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hey I saw this on carson last night..
    Man I wish I would have thought of it first...
    Well let's see how many copycats pop up now..

10. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I think something like that would be hard to do. All the ads are different sizes. I can see that Golden Palace has a spot on there too. I remember when this site only had a few ads on it but when it got publicity, it really soared.