Laser Windshield System

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Nightsurfer, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all.

I came across this and thought I would share it with you all. This just might be the thing those little blue haired old ladys need to have when driving. This will be a cool thing to see. But it's still a ways off.

[​IMG]

Roads can never get safe enough as long as there are drivers who do not follow rules, but then again sometimes technology in vehicles fail us, resulting in accidents. The laser windshield system that is currently under development utilizes lasers, infrared sensors and a camera that helps with visibility issues by projecting a laser on the windshield to highlight stuff that you should not hit (despite learning otherwise in Carmageddon). The final system is still quite a few years away, so in the meantime make sure you get your annual eye exam done up and lay off the booze.

Laser Windshield System

2. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I guess I am a little confused by this, in theory it sounds pretty cool, but if I am understanding it right it might be even more distracting lol. I guess once more is out on it I will better understand, but its definitely a neat idea.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I'm not sure about that. I think it might be more of a hindrance for me than helpful although that one night on July 4th I drove home with fog so thick you couldn't even see your hand in front of your face and everybody was driving down the middle of the roads, it might help.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

It's certainly not a bad idea, but a driver could do without one of these. if they ever release it to the general public then I'd expect it to be pretty expensive, it looks expensive.

Mirage likes this.
  5. dexter_wizard19

dexter_wizard19 New Member

not all new technologys survive...
    this might just be like one of those