• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Laser Eye Surgery

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had been considering laser eye surgery but now I don't know. I was watching this commercial that I had seen many times, just didn't pay much attention to it, when something they said stood out. They said they have done over 2.2 millions surgeries and helped over a million people. So they only can help about half the people they treat. With those odds that makes me question if its worth the risk.

Have you or someone you know had this done? Did it help, hurt or did nothing for them? Think its worth the risk? Thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a higher risk when older.

That said two of my closest friend got the surgery while they were in their mid-20s and they believe it is one of the best investment they ever did. They did not have any issues after the surgery, either.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My husbands uncle had it done a long time ago, 15 years, and he went blind. I was hoping they had become better at it by now.