Lasagne

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Bliss, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Lasagna (or lasagne) is a classic Italian pasta casserole dish which consists of alternate layers of pasta, cheese, a Béchamel sauce, and often a tomato sauce or a ragù (a meat or vegetable sauce).

I have to tell you something that my dad did to a lasagne last week - he put mushrooms in it. Now, this works REALLY well. If you like lasagne and if you like mushrooms then you should add mushrooms inside the meat layers of a lasagne. It's to die for.

Have any of you ever added your own ingredient to a lasagne?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't put Bechamel Sause in there, I just put regular mozzerella cheese on top. I put mushrooms, celerery, green peppers, onions all in my Lasagna. It's very tasty.

Lasagna is definitely one of my favorite meals to eat.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

The mushrooms sound fantastic. I'm going to try that sometime!

The only different lasagna I've made is with tofu.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

My ex used to make a broccoli lasagna that was to die for. I miss his cooking most of all.

Bliss likes this.
  5. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I make lasagne at least once a month and most of the time I put mushrooms in the sauce because my daughter loves them.

I don't know if this is considered "odd" but I sometimes substitute the ground beef for spicy Italian sausage...(not whole, chopped up)- it's lovely and gives it a nice, bold flavor.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I think my mum has put carrots in lasagne before, and I remember it tasted not so bad lol

7. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I always put mushrooms in my lasagne, I just use the same meat sauce recipe I use for spag bol, so it has a shit tonne of veges in it. I have a recipe book that has this amazing looking vegetarian lasagne in it that i've always wanted to try but never got round to. Might have to try it this weekend if I get the chance and report back to this thread. haha