Lasagne

Bliss

Sally Twit
Lasagna (or lasagne) is a classic Italian pasta casserole dish which consists of alternate layers of pasta, cheese, a Béchamel sauce, and often a tomato sauce or a ragù (a meat or vegetable sauce).

I have to tell you something that my dad did to a lasagne last week - he put mushrooms in it. Now, this works REALLY well. If you like lasagne and if you like mushrooms then you should add mushrooms inside the meat layers of a lasagne. It's to die for.

Have any of you ever added your own ingredient to a lasagne?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't put Bechamel Sause in there, I just put regular mozzerella cheese on top. I put mushrooms, celerery, green peppers, onions all in my Lasagna. It's very tasty.

Lasagna is definitely one of my favorite meals to eat.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I make lasagne at least once a month and most of the time I put mushrooms in the sauce because my daughter loves them.

I don't know if this is considered "odd" but I sometimes substitute the ground beef for spicy Italian sausage...(not whole, chopped up)- it's lovely and gives it a nice, bold flavor.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I think my mum has put carrots in lasagne before, and I remember it tasted not so bad lol

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I always put mushrooms in my lasagne, I just use the same meat sauce recipe I use for spag bol, so it has a shit tonne of veges in it. I have a recipe book that has this amazing looking vegetarian lasagne in it that i've always wanted to try but never got round to. Might have to try it this weekend if I get the chance and report back to this thread. haha