• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Larry Brown "bored", wants to coach again

BigBob

Registered Member
(I cut out the part about him visiting his friend in Villanova.)

Brown, who said he's bored without basketball, joined Wright for a team breakfast. Wildcats players and coaches took turns talking to Brown and shaking hands.

"I would like to" coach again, Brown said. "I don't want to end the way this one ended. Right now, the most important thing is I'm getting time with my family."

The 70-year-old Brown, a Hall of Fame coach, was in the third season of his 13th professional and college head coaching job. He left with an 88-108 mark for the Bobcats. His 1,327 victories in the ABA and NBA are nine shy of supplanting Don Nelson for the most all-time.
I'm sure no one thought he was going to stay out for long and I'm sure people will jump on him during the offseason. Off the top of my head, I believe he's lead every team he's coached, or all but one to the playoffs in his first years as their coach.