Largest Group You've Cooked For?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Impact, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

What is the largest group of people you've cooked a meal for? Was it difficult? What did you end up cooking?

I think the largest i've cooked for was 13 people, and it was a complete pain in the ass. The kitchen I was using was tiny, you could only just fit two people in it. I think originally I was just cooking for a group of about 6 of us, but more people kept turning up and said it smelled good so we ended up inviting them. I hate to think how people manage to cook Christmas dinners for huge families.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

This thread gives me deja vu, but I can't find the other one, if it even exists..

The most I've cooked for is 4 people, lol. And that's only because of that little cooking rota I have here with my flatmates. We stopped doing it over exam period and never started again thank GOD.
    I cooked lots of things, I won't list them. Mostly because I don't remember.

3. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I was in catering in my teens and have done some pretty big functions cdoing 200+ covers. With little outside help the biggest was probably when I cooked for 125 people at a bbq. The more tpeople the easier it starts to become as you rely more and more on prep.

At home Ive cooked for 20+ on a few occasions.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The most I've cooked for was right around 24 people. We had 24 people there, but not all 24 ate what I made.

I was cooking blue cheese stuffed Mushrooms, they were gone within meer seconds after i took 'em out of the oven. it wasnt hard but considering it was just an appetizer I didnt have to much pressure.

5. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

The largest group I've cooked for was 15. My friends and I cook for each other all the time, so I've made quite a few different things for a group that size. It can be a pain doing it for a group that size, but it's very rewarding when you see the looks of satisfaction on all of their faces.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The largest group of people I've cooked for is two - myself and my boyfriend. I am not great in the kitchen but I make up for it by being good in the bedroom. No but seriously, I would be useless cooking for a large group of people because I just know I'd get so stressed out. My mum does it every single Christmas and how she copes with it I do not know but she's amazing.

7. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

The most I've cooked for on my own is 10.
    The most I've cooked for together with my mum was 20.

8. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

I once cooked up a dinner for 20 people. It was at a LAN party that I was hosting and I made sgettis.

9. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Back when I was a kid, us three older kids took turns making supper since our mom didn't get home till late. So I guess the most is four.

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

When I was still involved with the haunted houses, people would take turns making/buying food to feed the crew once the house closed down for the night. (the crew consisted of anywhere between 20-40 people depending on the night)
    Two years in a row I made mostaccioli with sauce from scratch and homemade garlic bread. I have never and hope to never again, peeled and chopped so much garlic.
    I do not enjoy cooking!