Laraque to Penguins

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sidney Crosby finally gets is tough guy. I was almost 100% certain sure that the Penguins would go for a tough guy, and George Laraque might be the toughest out there.. Now the question is will Crosby still get hooked, grab and hit everytime he touches the puck?

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Certinly not satisfied with their addition of Laraque the Pens landed Gary Roberts as well. They were the smartest team on deadline day. They knew what they needed to improve and they adressed them and took care of it. They added their physical factor to the lineup and also a good dept player who can provide leadership to the team. Excellent moves Pens.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Agreed. All season long Hockey Analyst were saying that the Penguins need an enforcer to protect all the young guns that the Pens have. What do they do? They get the toughest S.O.B of them all in George Laraque, and adding Gary Roberts is another intense member that won't shy away from battles.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Well its a no brainer that the Pens were after some dept and a tough guy but to make the moves they did was genius. Now they have all the pieces but can they put them in the right places. They bring back to mind their teams of the early 90s teams that were lead by a couple of all stars that you might have herd of Lemieux and Jagr. Today they are lead by Crosby and Malkin. They have their goalie and their star defence and top lines. They have their team now will they make the most of their chance and take home lord stanley? Can the guys work together? What will be the future for this team , As such will they be playing their last games in Pittsburgh? Just wait and see I guess.