• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Help Laptop keyboard not working.

Elanor

Registered Member
Last night my laptop keyboard decided it doesn't want to work anymore. It was fine, I went to get fish and chips, left it on, got back and couldn't type anything. In my wisdom I restarted it forgetting I have a password set-up, so now I am properly stuck. Luckily my mum bought me a kindle fire for my birthday which I have got early so I can still use the internet.

I have no idea how or if it can be fixed. All my life is on it, music, photos, documents, everything!

Does any have any advice? It is a Dell studio 1555 if that is any use.

dDave

V.I.P.
You may have accidentally started your computer in tablet mode or something (a couple of computers have this feature).

What I recommend is to shut down and remove the battery for 15-30 seconds. Try turning it on after that and see if it works.

Let me know!

Elanor

Registered Member
You are amazing!! It is now working, I never even thought to take the battery out. Thank you so much :)

dDave

V.I.P.
Great. I thought it might be something simple like that.

I remember when my laptop keyboard stopped working one day, this did not fix the problem. I had to open up the encasement and actually reconnect the stupid thing (no idea how the connection came loose).

The N key on my keyboard used to stop working at random times, cleaning it fixed the problem for me.

Glad I could help!

Elanor

Registered Member
I am glad you could help too. There really isn't enough rep in the world. Thanks again.