• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Laptop Flight Sim

chantaspell

Hi! Happy 2007!!!

I want to play a flight sim on my laptop, which is fairly new but not upto spec in tems of graphics card. The system is as follows:

intel pentium M 1.73ghz
intel graphics media accelerator 900
512k ram

I know the latest and most complex games won't be any good on this system. Today I tried "Lock-On" which didnt work at all (shld have done some research and saved my money)!

Question is, which combat flight sims might work on my laptop?

Anyone any experience?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

thomas

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure what " intel graphics media accelerator 900" represents in terms of video cards. Do you know how many MB the card is at least?

Flight Sim's are very graphically intense, but if you look on the side of the boxes, they almost always have a "Minimum System Requirements" section. As long as your system meets that then you should be able to play at the very minimum with all of the settings on low.

That's no fun though, so hopefully you don't just slide through at the lower end of the requirements spectrum.

chantaspell

Thanks for the reply Andrew!

The intel graphics media accelerator 900 is the "onboard" graphics card which comes with the cpu and cannot be changed. It has 128mb of memory and supports direct X9.

Problem is, the info on the box for many games (including Lock-On) would seem to suggest that the above spec is fine, in this case the box suggested "any 32 mb directX 9 combatible graphics card" but a little googling shows that no one can run this game unless they have a much more powerful dedicated graphics card, That is why i wanted to know if anyone actually knew a flight sim that would run on a laptop with an onboard graphics card, as the info on the box, it would seem, can't be relied upon.

Cheers

thomas

maddengamer_66

Registered Member
512 k memory? if youre saying 512 kb memory.. u need to go buy a new computer... if ur trying to say mb, then ur in ok shape... but consider an upgrade...

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't even notice that. Yes hopefully you meant 512mb. ;)

The problem with laptops is that most of them aren't very good when it comes to games and graphics. Aside from Alienware laptops, it's hard to find a laptop that works well for gaming. Many are decent, but few are good enough to run games without framerate problems.