Language censor question

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Nevyrmoore, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I have my censor turned off, however I still notice some posts have starred words in them. Would this be because of self-censoring, or is it due to the other person having the censor turned on?

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Self-censoring for me, at least. I also try to use words such as heck instead of hell even though they have the same meaning. Hmm... Maybe I'll crack open the dictionary and find some new adjectives and exclamations to use.

3. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I always just figured that it's because they self censor. But now that you bring it up, I'm curious, too.

It might just be force of habit for some people, though. One of the forums I'm on word filters certain swear words to some ridiculous shit like "nigger" is "I'm a pretty pretty little girl." Maybe it's just someone self censoring to get the point across that they're trying to swear but they're too pansy ass to want to try to actually swear on here.

Who knows.
    ------
    I'd try a thesaurus first. ;)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

anytime I do it its Self Censoring. I'm not offended even the slightest bit by cussing, swearing, or any other versions of your C*** Sucking Mother F****** piles of **** *** ******* *** ***** son **** purple spoon ***** potty Mouths.

But yeah, if you see something "Star'd" out in my posts it's 'cause I've self sensored. 'but then again......

who gives a fuck

5. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Quite.

Anyway, I think I have my answer now. Ta very much.