Movies Land of the Lost (w/ Will Ferrell)

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I saw this trailer during the Super Bowl as well, and personally I don't want to see this movie. It looks god awful. I am sure there's going to be some funny scenes in there because Will Ferrell is in it, but it won't be good in my opinion.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo not another crappy remake, except this time they are using Will Ferrel in this. This is just another reason this movie will suck.
    There are just some things that shouldn't be remade and this is one of them.

I will wait till it comes out on cable to watch this one.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

this is sad. they turned a moderately good movie and series into slapstick comedy. i like will ferrell but don't just throw him into a movie cause "it could work". i'll do like nightsurfer and wait till cable unless my guy offers it on boot.

5. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

I saw a different trailer for it in the theater, and I have to say that it looks good. I'm optimistic for the movie, but then again I think Will Ferrel is funny.

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i don't argue his ability as a comedian, but i just don't think he nor his style of comedy is needed based on the type of movie and series this originally was.

7. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

From the looks of the trailer that I saw when I went to see Coraline, he was far more low-key than say, his Anchorman performance.

Of course, you can't judge an entire movie by the trailer, but I do plan on seeing it. I guess I'll be the guinea pig for all you guys.

8. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

the trailer i saw seemed like it was written too much comedy...time will tell.