Lance Storm on this week's RAW *great read!*

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I found all of this to be a pretty great read...thoughts, guys? Loved his comments towards the end, about the new angle, especially.

(link: StormWrestling.com - Commentary)

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Very good read, Lance Storm as a good understanding of the business. I also like the last paragraph where he states Barrett as the King and Bryan as the Queen. That analogy makes perfect sense when you think about it. Now NXT did their job, now it's up to the writers to there's and keep this angle fresh and entertaining.

3. Unity

Agreed, BR. What do you think will become of the "pawns," etc.?

Is it possible that they'll use this opportunity to make an impact and get a better chance in the WWE?

Or, is it a foregone conclusion that they'll be far too outshined and eventually let go or sent down to Florida?

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

To be honest with you Warrior, I don't know where the WWE are going with this. Usually they're predictable, but this angle came out of right field and I never saw it coming, and I bet you 100% of the other fans didn't see it coming either.

I hope this last a few months to be honest with you though, I hope it's Invasion part 2 but done way better. At first I loved the Invasion angle against WCW/ECW but after looking back I think there was a lot of room for improvement.

They started this angle really well, so lets hope they don't blow it.

With all that being said, I see a few of those NXT guys going back to the developement league after it's all done, and about four of them staying on one of the main rosters. But it wouldn't make sense to demote one of them right now since they all have a big part in this stable.

5. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

The man definitely knows what he's talking about....

IMO, if they want to add more credibility to this storyline as well as the NXT rookies...book them to win every single title on both RAW and Smackdown, to really put them over, and to REALLY give this storyline some juice....have the hart dynasty lose to gabriel and slater, have tarver win the US title, have Skip win the IC title....have Daniel Bryan win the world heavyweight and have Wade win the WWE title...that would definitely bring more views I think :)

6. Unity

Your scenario sounds like it would be exciting, SP, but unfortunately it sounds pretty unrealistic. I could see Barrett getting a title (like the U.S. title) and the rest of the group helping him defend it. Maybe even the tag titles involved...but the rest, I'm not so sure.

Also, you do know Daniel Bryan was released, right? Unless we get a surprise appearance from him at the PPV - which is looking less and less likely - him being in the future of that group's structure is a 'no.'

7. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Yeah, just read the Bryans released thread soon after I posted this....that is pretty dissapointing, but the angle can still go forward....and it is unrealistic of course...HAHA.....but it would definitely bring more excitement to the WWE...to get people tuning in....like people are like "OMG....this team has every single strap on the damn show...HOW AWESOME!!! LET'S KEEP WATCHING!!!!".

It'd give me a better reason to watch it....lol....I don't want this storyline to end anytime soon, I want it to at least last a little while longer LOL!

All the NXT rookies can shoot to the top through this storyline, it's up to the writers with how they're going to play it out, because I only really see Wade Barret being the breakout star, perhaps Otunga...but they should all be legit ya know...

You remember how Evolution won every single title? That was awesome!!!! LOL!!!