• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lance Stevenson signs with the Hornets

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
“@SportsCenter: Former Pacers G Lance Stephenson has signed a 3-year, $27 million deal with the Charlotte Hornets. (via @Chris_Broussard)”

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Huge loss for the Pacers. Think about it: Lance Stephenson played like an All-Star and the Pacers couldn't make the Finals with him. Without him, they're significantly worse. The Hornets (and the rest of the East) wins with this deal.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
BourneofDarkness15 said:
If he keeps his shenanigans in check, the Hornets could be in the conference finals this coming season
Conference Finals, probably not, imo because of MKG and Vonleh (not sold on them two). Stephenson did nothing too bad but he needs to stop flopping so much.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
BourneofDarkness15 said:
Could be right, I just see some teams in the East getting a lot weaker so a surprise team could rise up
The East as a whole improved a lot, imho. Lots of good teams, but no dominant team.

smh122

Registered Member
Lance/MKG gonna cause fits for guys trying to drive past them..Jordan is creating a monster of a squad down there

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I presume he took a shorter deal because he (as does LeBron and perhaps other free agents) have an eye on the cap going way up after a new TV deal is negotiated in two years. Still, it says something about how wary GMs are about Bad Lance that he didn't get more, even in a short-term deal.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Couldn't agree more with SMH! Big Al at 13 mil is an absolute steal, so is Lance at 9 mil. Their core of Big Al, Kemba, and Lance combined make 25 mil. Compare that to someone like Bosh making 24 mil alone. Jordan completely turned around the worst team in the league, getting All-Star level talent to come to Charlotte for cheap, great owner!