• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lance Armstrong biggest fraud?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know naysayers will argue that he was only doing what everyone else was doing...but no one was doing it as much, more importantly, crushing the competition while doing it, as Lance was. And that's just on the "field of play." Off the bike, he became an icon, a brand name, and massively wealthy.

And now, it's all come crashing down.

I don't believe there hasn't been a bigger fraud in the history of sports.

Thoughts?

BigBob

Registered Member
Until there's real, physical proof, the biggest frauds are the others around him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Um, what? Are you talking about Armstrong?

Shwa

V.I.P.
Isn't it just speculation though? I mean, so far in the article's I've been reading about it, there hasn't been any solid proof that he was using performance enhancing drug. Lance has even agreed to be tested.

~Shwa

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lance was a middle-to-back of the pack cyclist who took cancer-causing PEDS, got cancer, lost 40 pounds as a result, came back while using state of the art PEDs...and suddenly crushed the field in ways no one ever had before.

He had this great story of beating cancer and winning seven Tours and what an inspiration he was to so many people and how much money he raised and it was all built on a lie and that he cheated his way to that "story." And he defended that lie for over a decade no matter how much smoke there was near that fire.

BigBob

Registered Member
Isn't it just speculation though? I mean, so far in the article's I've been reading about it, there hasn't been any solid proof that he was using performance enhancing drug. Lance has even agreed to be tested.

~Shwa
That's exactly what it is, all speculation. Some people like to take speculation as fact and run with it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a story in SI this week that is hinting that the PED use predated the cancer and that Armstrong's doctor thought the drugs may have caused it.

Everything he has done about prevention and the movement he led completely washes away if it's the reason he got sick in the first place.

BigBob

Registered Member
And again, that's all speculation.

There's no proof to say he took steroids and that's what caused his cancer.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There is plenty of evidence to indicate Armstrong's PED use predates his cancer. Also, two riders associated with Armstrong's PED-pedaling trainer have sued him after they used the drugs and then got testicular cancer. In addition, there's a theory floating around that the cancer Lance had was detected early on by a UCI anti-doping test, but UCI looked the other way, and its failure to notify Armstrong allowed the cancer to migrate to his lungs and brain before detection.

BigBob

Registered Member
The only evidence is word of mouth.

IF he took steroids, it's possible it caused his cancer.

That, again, is speculation.