Lakers vs. Celtics Finals?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Mirage, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm thinking more and more that we could see a Lakers Celtics finals this year. The Celtics are probably going to take down Cleveland after a tough few games and the Lakers will sail through the Western conference after defeating the Nuggets and the Jazz early on.

If this series happens I don't know who I'd peg for the win though.

Thoughts on the finals this year?

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'll go a step further and say the Lakers are going to take the championship this year. They have a well stacked team and can push through the Celtics.

3. Mirage

I wouldn't be so quick to call that though. Boston is going to put up a huge fight against whoever they end up playing. I think that if it ends up being a Boston LA finals that we're going to see some epic basketball.

The Lakers will definitely bring it but Boston has the best record in the NBA by far this year. 67 wins, 15 losses. That's gonna be hard to stop no matter who you are.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Spurs vs Celtics in the Finals. I think the Celtics can take down the reigning champs.

5. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

It's a strong possibility of both teams making the final this season especially the Celtics. It will be harder for the Lakers because the Western Conference is so tough...but i'm 100% sure David Stern is licking is chops of the possibility of this match up comes true. It would one hell of a series.

6. Mirage

Just wanted to bump this thread and say.. "Who called it?"

This is going to be an amazing finals.

I'm rooting for the Lakers but honestly what I really want is just some serious basketball. Whoever wins this series definitely deserves to.

NBA.com

Boston actually gets 1 more home court game so they have a slight edge there. The Lakers won't let that stop them though. The unfortunate thing is that if the Lakers are going to win this they're going to have to do it in 4 or 5 games if they want to win it at home. As much as I want to see it go to 7 games I'd rather see the Lakers win it at home. That means they better all have their Nike Hyperdunk's on.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Oh I knew that the Lakers were going to win and I said if Boston wins at least one game on the road against the Pistons then they'll win the series. I'm very excited that these are the two teams that made the NBA Finals, it's going to be exciting basketball and there renewing one of the best basketball rivalries in NBA history, so it's going to be great I think the series will go to the distance. With Boston winning the seventh game at home.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

COUGH66-16COUGH

The MAVS of a few years ago got 67-15 :D

9. Mirage

Yes but have you seen how Boston has been playing in the playoffs? They almost got knocked out 3 times...

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Also this 67-15 team is better then the Mavs 67-15 team in my opinion. Dirk was great during that season and so was Josh Howard, but has a team the Boston Celtics are better then the Mavs team from last season.

As you already seen it's a different story, since the Celtics are going to the Finals and the Mavs got eleminated first round.