Lakers acquire Pau Gasol!!!

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Veloci-T, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

Im about to cry tears of joy....

"The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired forward Pau Gasol in a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. The Lakers will also receive the Grizzlies second round draft choice in 2010. In exchange Memphis will receive forward Kwame Brown, guard Javaris Crittenton, guard Aaron McKie (who the Lakers signed earlier today), the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first round picks in 2008 and 2010.
    Gasol, a 7th year player out of Spain, is averaging 18.9 points, 8.8 rebounds and 1.44 blocked shots per game this season. The 27 year old 7’0” forward/center has career averages of 18.8 points and 8.6 rebounds. A 2006 NBA All-Star and 2001-02 NBA Rookie of the Year, Gasol also won a gold medal with Spain at the 2006 FIBA World Championships while being named tournament MVP.
    “We’re extremely pleased to be able to make this trade.” said Kupchak. “Pau is a proven player of all-star caliber in this league who can score and rebound and he’s still a young player. We feel this move strengthens our team in the short term as well as the long term.” "

I'll miss Javaris though

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

They had to give up a lot to get him (two first round draft picks), but this trade will instantly make them a legit contender. It's a shame that the Bulls passed on yet another opportunity to improve their team.

3. Veloci-T

the draft picks are gonna be pretty late draft picks anyway, i think the only real good piece they gave up was Javaris Crittenton, i liked him, Kobe said that Java was like a little brother to him and he mentored him as much as possible

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Gasol will defenitly help the Lakers especially that Bynum is down, just wait till Bynum comes back this team will be extremly talented. This trade is a huge shocker I haven't heard any rumours about this at all. The Lakers definitly win this trade. The Grizzlies get a good player in Javaris, but they're already loaded in point guards. Surprising that's for sure.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Who would've known that Chicago would suddenly hit a slump? might've been those contracts...I don't know...

It'll be interesting to see how Gasol fits into the LA team. I'm glad LA gave up Kwame Brown. Talk about a disappointment...

6. Veloci-T

i liked Kwame but he never had the work ethic to fill in his potential, Gasol fits in the Laker's Triangle perfectly, imagine when Ariza and Bynum comes back...

PG: Fisher/Farmar
    SG: Bryant/Vujacic/Karl
    SF: Odom/Ariza/Walton
    PF: Gasol/Turiaf/Radmanovic
    C: Bynum/Mihm/Mbenga

IMO, we have the best starting 5 plus the best bench in the league, Mitch Kupchak definitely made me proud this season, the trade with Evans and Cook to orlando for Ariza was a steal for us, Ariza is a tremendous defensive player thats still young and also a decent offensive player (shooting is getting better and look at the Poster on Grant Hill), he'll be a great player in the future

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Think this will keep Kobe quiet, though?

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

He got quiet after they beat big teams like Phoenix early in the season. :D I think he was like Brett Farve, not believing in his team until after they're picked up wins. The Laker team is actually really good. Their injuries late last season was what really killed them.

9. Veloci-T

haha, the Grizzlies pissed off the entire Western conference except for the Lakers, sounds like theyre scared, Boston will be scared too

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Lakers will be a scary team that's for sure. Gasol needed to change teams that's for sure. I think he's going to play very well in L.A, and he's going to get the touches in my opinion.

Kobe has been quiet all season, I bet he's really happy that his general manager finally did something and picked up talent.