• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lain

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've seen a few episodes and I hated that anime, I gave it a chance and did not like at all. The only thing I likes about it was the graphics there really well drawn. What do you guys think about it?

Vegito728

Registered Member
Ya I saw this anime awhile back and was wondering if I was dieing. This show sucks really bad I don't suggest to anyone except for that kid you don't like lol.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seriously it was just so slow, no action at all your always wondering when something with a little action will happen, but let me tell you you would be waiting a long time lol. Also thank god they only made like 24 epsiodes, I am not really sure of the amount but it's close to that number.

G

Glory_Questor

Vince Carter said:
Seriously it was just so slow, no action at all your always wondering when something with a little action will happen, but let me tell you you would be waiting a long time lol.
Lain isn't about action.  It's more about the human condition in a Ghost in the Shell sense (although there are many parts of the story that by the end really don't make much sense -- though I can't elaborate on these points, for that would spoil the anime for anyone who hasn't seen it).

Vince Carter said:
Also thank god they only made like 24 epsiodes, I am not really sure of the amount but it's close to that number.
Actually, they made 13.  (and your right ... it's merciful, as any more than 13 would have a lot of padding, and there's more than enough in here already :\ )

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah that's what I though I knew they didn't make a lot of episodes, and I know this anime is not much about action, but if they did put a little in there, like she's walking down the street and she gets attacked and she goes nuts on them something like that then it would be way more interesting.

C

CarrieHikari

Lain was just very very interesting and you had to pay attention. It was a little slow, but it looks like an anime directed towards a certain group, I mean take a look at it. Lain herself is very interesting, being a god like figure in the wired and all, she faces a lot throughout the series.

D

Dranigus

Lain is very very stupid. The principles it talks about is the same understanding someone with ADD would have.

And Ghost in the Shell is just so god darn boring, it takes forever for anything exciting or thought provokative to occur.

I am sorry but that sensation BS is just so darn retarded.

They need to get to the point and not stress so much on the aspects of things. Get the point and not try to take up time on the show by talking about irrelevant and off-topic material.

Sheesh...

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Heheh, I loved it.

Started off going WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, but then as I watched more episodes it all started getting more and more intense untill the finale brought it all together in one awesome cacophonous peak of brilliance. It really grows on you as you watch it, but I can definitely see how some people might get turned off by it and not give it a chance.

If you're just looking for action, go pay a couple bums 20$ to fight in the streets for you or watch DBZ or some equally crappy plotless anime. If you want an intriguing anime with lots of character depth and development that leaves you with a lot to think about, watch Lain.