Lady gaga

Discussion in 'Music' started by Vixen, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Vixen

Vixen Registered Member

First of all.. yay or nay?
    I think her song 'Bad Romance' is what actually got me really into her, she's a bit obscure at first, but once you start seeing her/listening to her a bit more you begin to appreciate how diverse she is.

You don't see Beyonce or Rihanna trying to walk in 'Armadillo shoes'.
    Plus her song's are rather catchy, they grow on you.
    So what's everyone's opinions on Lady Gaga

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Shwa likes this.
  3. Vixen

Vixen Registered Member

Lol she overdone it.
    I actually don't particularly like 'growling' in music.
    A example of this is Mariah Carey.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

She makes good songs, but her persona is weird. Not like fashionably weird or groundbreaking weird. more like uncomfortably weird.

5. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I second this. My opinion on her has really gone down since the Jerry Seinfeld incident. You don't have to be an attention grabbing whore 24-fucking-7. I thought she was cool at first, but man, lately she tries too hard. I can live without a pop tart like her trying to shove S&M latex garbage down my throat. :sick:

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The only reason why she keeps dressing/acting this way is because it gets her attention and helps her sell albums.

Just take a look at Madonna when she first made it in the music business. She did the same thing that Gaga is doing right now and it worked.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I don't think Madonna went as far as Lady gaga though. I'm not sure since I wasn't really alive back then, but I doubt she went and wore metal rings around her body. At least people could try to be like Madonna. Her new styles of clothing actually changed fashion. Nobody is going to dress up like lady gaga.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Maybe a older member can back me up on this one but Madonna was pretty bad in the 80's.

You got to remember that back then isn't like what it is today, some of the stuff she pulled off back in the 80's wasn't accepted by many people, but it is today

It might not be as worst as what Gaga is doing today, but it's causing the same effect and both are different generations.

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Yeah there was a different level of tolerance for stuff back then. Lady gaga would probably be outright banned back then. :lol: if we adjust for inflation so to speak, madonna was still a lot more controversial. gaga is just more of an act to me. She isn't doing anything that would make people go nuts. but like you said, it's a different age. We've seen some crazy stuff. haha it's hard to really go overboard without seriously going overboard.

10. I'll back ya up bro. I'm an 80's child, and I'm obsessed with the 0's too. Madonna and Lady Gaga are pretty much the same, just different era of music. Controversy followed Madonna just as much as it follows Lady Gaga.