• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lady Falls Into Fountain

Dabs

Registered Member
Most of you may have seen this on the news, maybe not.
It's been put on YouTube and apparently gotten over 3 million hits, I didn't watch it on YT, I have seen it played over and over again on the news.
So this lady is walking in a mall and texting while walking and not watching where she is going- and bloop!..she literally falls into a coin fountain.
She immediately gets up and retrieves her phone and very quickly steps out of the fountain and that's the last we see of her.
Well, the security officers were watching her, while she fell, and they are heard laughing on the video.
Now this woman has been on the public news, in a bit of a crying scene, and said she is embarrassed and she lawyered up, she wants to sue because she was humiliated and the security didn't come to help her.
(her humiliation issues are because it would seem the security people themselves put the video on YT)
Ok now....I am simply going to ask it the same way the news broadcast did:
Would you feel sorry for this woman or not??
I personally can't believe she didn't see the fountain ahead of her, and I'm guessing plenty of people have gotten a few giggles over this.

*Cripes, you know what...now that I think it over, maybe this should have went into Offbeat News.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to move it now, so if one of the Mods feel it needs to be moved, could you please??
Thanks~

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't feel sorry for her at all. It's her own fault for texting and not paying attention to where she was going. And if she quickly got up and out of the fountain, why would she expect help from the security dudes? Sure, it might be kind of embarrassing having that on Youtube, but is it worth suing over?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've not heard of this video before now. I watched the video and I laughed a little. I think the lady is an idiot for not watching where she walks and she brought this on herself really. That said though, it's very unprofessional of the security guards actually putting it up on youtube. I don't blame them for laughing - who wouldn't. But shame, splash it all over the internet, when you are the security guard? :shake:

BigBob

Registered Member
My mom showed it to me on Tuesday and it was funny. People are too stupid when texting, plus.. you can use your periph's while you're looking at the phone, so it's kind of hard to miss a big ass fountain.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't seem to care much about the fact that she fell there. What bothers me is the security who kept on laughing instead of helping this woman.
I haven't seen the video and don't have time for that.
But the security is the crappiest I've heard of in my entire life.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Here is a video on youtube of the news report on it.

YouTube - Woman who fell into fountain to sue?

I think the lawsuit is absolutely ridiculous. If she had kept her mouth shut, then no one would have even known it was her. The video was very crude and it's not like she would have been recognized. It's her own fault for not looking where she was going.

Dabs

Registered Member
@ Elly, she didn't need help, she was able to quickly get herself out of the water and onto her feet, and she walked away. The security probably wouldn't have gotten down to her area before she left.
(but the security was pretty naughty in putting on YT)

I feel she has no one to blame but herself for sure.
And like Anita brought up, nobody would have even known the identity of the woman, but she put herself on the public news.
It's crazy.
And the news keeps showing it again and again, and people are laughing.
The majority, from the news I watched, that have texted in, or emailed in, have all said....she has nobody to blame here, she should not even have a case to try and sue.
She should just have laughed it off as a bad experience.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Elly, it's not like the security was standing right next to her and laughing as opposed to helping. They saw it from the security room on their monitors and like others mentioned, she was more than capable of helping herself. I agree wth Anita, I think she wants a quick buck here and if she didn't say anything, no one would even know it was her, so she should buck up and bear it.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think it's funny how even the news people were making fun of her. If she had just gotten up and laughed about it, and then laughed about the Youtube thing, nobody would even care. She is really bringing way more attention to herself by trying to sue.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I would also like to say that after watching the original video on youtube, I'm not sure how people are concluding that they just laughed at her and didn't help her (unless they admitted to this later). I was under the impression that they were viewing the video later and recording it, laughing. How would they know to record it if they weren't playing it back? Looks like they were using a recorder and filming the monitor...and then he says, here, let me show you from a different angle!