• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB LA Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Got to give it to the Braves. managed to do what they did this year despite having the two worst-hitting players in the majors with at least 400 ABs. BJ Upton, the highest-paid player in team history, is hitting .184 and Dan Uggla hitting .179.

The Dodgers are coming in wounded. Kemp's comeback is a no-go and he is out. Ethier is very questionable. Suddenly the team that had one too many outfielders has one too few.

None the less, this is going to be another great series. Looking forward to see Kershaw, Heyward, Puig, Ramirez and so many other great talented players.

Use this thread to discuss the series between the Dodgers and Braves.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I picked the Rays to make it to the World Series regarding American League teams, well I'm doing the same with the Dodgers and the National League. Their one-two punch of Kershaw and Greinke is a scary thought for any playoff opposition, then you had Ryu to the mix and their lights out. The only thing stopping them is if their own bats can't get going. I see the Dodgers winning this in 4.

StroShow

V.I.P.
I don't get to see Clayton Kershaw pitch a whole lot due to time zones and just not much TV time in Canada. So I'm very pumped for this game to start.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kershaw going on three days rest.

@DCameronFG: Last 20 years, 84 pitchers have started a playoff game on 3 days rest. Combined ERA? 4.60.
Having him do it after throwing 124 pitches just does not seem wise. It may even get them a victory, but you don't mess with an asset like Kershaw.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Because the Dodgers have Kershaw and Greinke they can beat anyone.

Crawford is finally hitting too...who needs Ethier and Kemp? haha

StroShow

V.I.P.
Such a smart move by Mattingly. 1) any ace can pitch on three days rest, hell any pitcher can. 2) with the Cardinals/Pirates series going the distance, Kershaw will get an extra days rest so it will be the Greinke/Kershaw 1-2 punch to start off the NLCS.