L.T. renegotiates deal, will stay with Chargers

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - L.T. renegotiates deal, will stay with Chargers

This is good news for the Chargers, even though Thomlinson hasn't been able to stay healthy for a full season in recent years, he' still one of the best running backs in the league.

Also not a lot of people would of done what he did, he's losing money, but because he loves San Diego so much he wants to stay there. Good on him.

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Yeah, losing him would have been a disaster - they have a hard enough time making a playoff run with him, I can't imagine Sproles being their number one guy. He's good, but 25 touches per game? He'd be in a wheelchair.

I've lost some respect for him recently though, he turned into a little bit of a baby - but even that wouldn't have stopped me from welcoming him with open arms on my team. Ha.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Really I can't imagine the Chargers without LT, I mean he's the face of that team like Peyton Manning is to the Colts (ironically the team always losing to the Chargers). Of course he's getting older but he's still putting up good numbers and I still think he's the best running back in the league.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Healthy, I put him in the top three, right behind Adrian Peterson and right ahead of Clinton Portis.

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Horray for loyalty and not being selfish...I applaud you Mr Tomlinson. Him and Sproles is a sick 1-2 punch.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Just for informational purposes:

Tomlinson (2008 regular season):
    1,110 Rush Yds
    Longest Rush: 45 Yds
    Touchdowns: 11 (1 Receiving)

Sproles (2008 regular season):
    330 Rush Yds
    Longest Rush: 37 Yds
    Touchdowns: 1 (5 Receiving)

Still nothing was quite as good as the LT from 2006.