• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kurt Angle vs Jack Swagger & Orton

viLky

ykLiv
In a handicap match on RAW tonight!

Ok, give up your hopes, I was messing. What I was referring to was:

From PW Torch:

During WWE's WrestleMania 27 PPV on Sunday night, TNA wrestler Kurt Angle expressed irritation with WWE wrestlers for what he considered move-stealing at WrestleMania.

Angle pointed a finger at Randy Orton, who executed the Angle Slam during his match against C.M. Punk, and Jack Swagger, who uses the Anklelock manuever. Orton then responded to Angle's Twitter posts overnight after Mania.

-- Angle posted on Twitter: "To WWE wrestlers, Don't use my Finish. Get more Creative. Hmmmm- Orton. Did I say that? I heard Orton had an Awesome match though. Ur welcome.

"I guess Swagger will use my Ankle Lock as well. Very creative. I'm the Best in the World. You Guys will never be Kurt Angle. Can I get an AMEN.

"Kurt Angle will never die. TNA. WWE. I'm a leader. Not follower. Why would WWE use my finishes? Is it because I won't go back? R Orton- Angle Slam. M Cole- Ankle Lock? They have some nerve.

"Jerry Lawlor did it too. But He is a Legend. WWE really stuck it to Me. No Love lost. I'm glad that I helped Your biggest Event of the Year."

-- Orton replied on Twitter (without naming Angle by name): "Everything's been done before as far as 'moves' go in the sports entertainment. I want to thank SCSA for the 'Thesz Press.' And I know for a fact that SCSA got the 'Thesz Press' from Dutch Mantell.

"Point being, instead of taking offense to someone using your move, consider it a sign of respect. Btw does anyone know what Ken Shamrocks finish was? I believe Jack Swagger used ankle lock outta respect for Ken?"
GF members will have A LOT to say about this, eh? Well, bring it on and give me your thoughts.

I don't think any wrestler should "own" a move, that's just limiting the field. Of course, if you are in the same company you should be able to "have" it while you are there, but if you leave, you shouldn't expect them to restrict other wrestlers from using it.

Also, props to Orton for defending Swagger and showing Kurt it wasn't his move, that it was also Ken's.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
This is an interesting story. I honestly side with Orton. Regardless of whose move it is... its fair game. Just because someone made it famous doesn't mean its theirs.

Look at the RKO. Used to be DDP's finisher, just with a different name.

viLky

ykLiv
I agree with you.

Also, in a weird way, it makes me think Angle still cares about WWE, and might return one day. I know, doesn't make much sense, but allow me a quick rundown on why:

- Kurt sees WWE wrestlers use his moves
- Kurt hurt by this and goes to Twitter
- Once Kurt's TNA contract expires he heads over to WWE to layif the SmackDown! on Orton and Swagger
- Fans cheer

Makes sense if you allow it to make sense.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I agree with you.

Also, in a weird way, it makes me think Angle still cares about WWE, and might return one day. I know, doesn't make much sense, but allow me a quick rundown on why:

- Kurt sees WWE wrestlers use his moves
- Kurt hurt by this and goes to Twitter
- Once Kurt's TNA contract expires he heads over to WWE to layif the SmackDown! on Orton and Swagger
- Fans cheer

Makes sense if you allow it to make sense.
That's the problem. I can't allow it to make sense. Kurt seems to be at home in TNA. I don't see him coming back soon, maybe not at all.

Just because he may "care" about the WWE doesn't mean he will return.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member

- Once Kurt's TNA contract expires he heads over to WWE to layif the SmackDown! on Orton and Swagger.
(sorry, Vilk, I kind of edited the post for the main points I wanted to comment on:

If anything, it makes me think that Angle has more bridges burned with WWE or doesn't have much desire to return at this point. They wouldn't do an elaborate Twitter 'work' where not many people will see it if it has anything to do with teasing a real return.

----

As far as my thoughts on the OP: I guess I can identify with both sides, but more with Orton (his posts at the end were spot on, sorry Kurt). I understand that Kurt is bugged that the finishers that he made the most famous are used, some people are more sensitive about their moves in the business. As Orton pointed out, though, it's pretty redundant.

Wrestling maneuvers are (for the most part) always recycled, it's about how the person that is performing it fits it into their individuality. For example, Angle using the slam as a finisher works with me, but I couldn't picture Orton doing so. And while I enjoy Swagger's use of the Ankle lock, I don't think it's anywhere as good as Kurt's.

The classy thing to do, instead of whining on Twitter, would be to call a wrestler and talk to him man-to-man if you're concerned about their use of your finisher.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Kurt's just pissed he bet on the losing horse.

Or more accurately in TNA's case, the drowning horse. Let's see him beg for that contract in a few years.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Orton had the perfect reply to Kurt's tweet. I'm a huge Kurt Angle fan, always been always will be. That said, he should of definitely kept his mouth shut on this one, because most wrestlers have been stealing each others move since the beginning of Wrestling.

I would love to see a Angle/Swagger match though, I think these two could paint a perfect portrait in the ring.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I would love to see a Angle/Swagger match though, I think these two could paint a perfect portrait in the ring.
Or it could be a horrible mess... but I wouldn't mind seeing it either way. Unique styles that are strict to mat wrestling, and could be complementary.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It seems Kurt is being a little bitch and claiming his Twitter was hacked. CM Punk isn't buying it.

It seems as if CM Punk has gotten himself involved in the Twitter back-and-forth involving TNA star Kurt Angle and WWE star Randy Orton. In response to Angle's Twitter comments following WrestleMania last night, CM Punk Tweeted the following today: "my twitter account was hacked", is the new: "I'm a sloppy drunk douche"."

As we reported earlier, Kurt Angle claimed today that his Twitter account was hacked and that he in fact did not post a majority of his post-WrestleMania Tweets last night

viLky

ykLiv
ROFL - he should come back to WWE and say the Kurt Angle in TNA was an imposter.

His new gimmick, denying everything; blaming everybody else.