• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kurt Angle training for Olympics? What?

wooly

I am the woolrus
wow. well i believe that he is doing it, whether he has any remote chance of capturing the gold or not is yet to be seen!

I think it's fantastic that he's attempting it though. Kurt obviously has a love for amateur wrestling, and he knows that that as a WWE legend, him bringing a slice of showbusiness to the olympics is going to do wonders for raising the profile of the sport. It's fantastic that he has the drive and determination to do it.

You have to assume that he's going to be out-conditioned by the other athletes, considering the toll professional wrestling must have taken on his body over the years, but if anybody can do it, it's Kurt. We all know he's a total machine. He's still possibly the best active professional wrestler in the world today, and he hasn't slowed down a bit with age. If anything, he's got better every year. I hope he does an awesome job at the olympics! I'll definitely be tuning in to see him.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It would be awesome to see, but I had that "What?" reaction as well...I worry about the condition of his neck and being able to compete 100%. But like wooly said, it would be epic to see and I'd be really excited about it.

The only thing is that he has to qualify first, right? And against a lot of younger kids in their primes.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If he goes through with this I doubt he'll have any times for TNA since he'll need to put all his focus on this since he has a lot of catching up to do. I really hope he does make the team, he won't be an easy task, but we're talking about Kurt "frigin" Angle here. I'm rooting for him, but I won't be shocked if he doesn't make the team or drops out completely.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Given Kurts health problems which are very public I would be worried for him and his neck. That being said I don't know how technical or how hardcore the wrestling he will be taking part is but I think from a demanding point of view he has been doing something much more demanding for 11 years, as Babe_Ruth says, if anyone can, Angle can. It might also make me interested in watching the Olympics as despite living in the country hosting the games I really couldn't care...

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
This is great for Kurt! It is giving him a second wind, of sorts. It would bring a heavy amount of publicity to the Olympics as well... especially with the IWC.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
This is great for Kurt! It is giving him a second wind, of sorts. It would bring a heavy amount of publicity to the Olympics as well... especially with the IWC.
On the flip side of that, it'll also bring a lot of publicity to TNA and pro wrestling in general. I'm sure TNA is happy with the prospect that the media will undoubtedly be talking about the pro wrestler who's trying to go back to the Olympics.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Giving TNA publicity is a great point by Unity. Any little bit helps especially if Kurt Angle is able to make the team.

I'll be rooting for him.