• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

KSF's Trip To Smackdown TV (5/22/12)

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I know its over two months from now, but I just got tickets for my father and I to go see a Smackdown TV taping near me on the 22nd of May. Yeah... it's a while from now, but I wanted to let you all know that I'm going.

If I am going to Wrestlemania 29 next year, then I need to do a TV taping first. :D

I'm mainly going to see Daniel Bryan, btw. YES! YES! YES! YES!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's awesome, buddy. I've been to a Smackdown taping before and it was real fun. It's not the same experience as going to a Live show, but it's still fun none the less. Hopefully they put on some great matches for you.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
It is going to be a lot of fun and I have been to a lot of shows. Make sure you have a sign that can seen on TV to spam this site to the WWE Universe.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Hey! It's tonight! Matches advertised are Kane/Orton in a street fight and Del Rio/Sheamus for the WHC (presumed to be dark matches).

I'm pretty excited, and I will have photos (hopefully).

I'll be ecstatic if I see Jericho tonight. Oh, and I may be wearing pink, so I should be easy to pick out, especially during the boring bits hahaha.
------
Well I just got back from the Smackdown taping (thanks 1 hour drive home!), and I have some thoughts. I WILL NOT SPOIL MATCH RESULTS!!! I will just give heat and pop charts and some odd thoughts

Biggest Pops:
1) Randy Orton
2) Sheamus
3) Santino
4) Daniel Bryan
5) Ryback

Biggest Heat:
1) Big Show (not even close)
2) Eve
3) Jinder Mahal (for NXT, no less!)
4) Damien Sandow (star of the show, I think)
5) Cody Rhodes

It was a great card throughout. NXT should come across really well this time. The crowd was pretty hot throughout the whole show. The first dark match was Dean Ambrose v. a local wrestler. Ambrose looked GOLDEN. His look, his promo, his finisher... all have the potential to be a big star.

The set looks a lot larger in person than on TV, and the pyro is a HELL of a lot louder, even if the only people that got it were Kane and Ryback (I think that was it).

I would definitely go to a TV taping again, but my dad and I have set our sights on WrestleMania 29 in NJ.
------
Update:
NXT is up online, but I am only in wide, sweeping shots. I could not grab a good screenshot of myself. Smackdown should be different, though.

If you do watch it, I am in a pink DZ shirt about 7 rows up the main section across from the main camera. About here:

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just saw Ryback giving his finishing move on his two opponents, that's pretty incredible. He's definitely one of the strongest guys in the company.

That said, it's time to start giving him some real opponents, enough with the jobbers.

Also, I wonder what happened to his eye. He has a pretty big shinner and it's pretty red. I wonder if it's a jobber that didn't know what he was doing and really hit him.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Ryback looked so legit at the taping.

I'm not watching it currently, but once the YT stream pops up, I should be able to get a good screen cap of my dad and I. I think there will be one good shot of us in the broadcast.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pretty good match between Sheamus and Swagger. Swagger proved that he can have a good match when he's given a good opponent and is given enough time to display his talent. Also, he's freakishly strong.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Decent show, highlights for me were:

1. Tag Team match...I still think that the Usos are underrated, and Young and O'Neill are growing on me as a team. A lot of tag team combo moves from them, and I think it's Demolition's finisher that they're using so of course I enjoy that. The banter between the teams backstage was pretty funny, as well. Tag team wrestling is one of my favorite things in the business, and you can have good wrestling without teams that are composed of main-event quality stars. That's how things go, people build up in tag teams.

2. Ryback's finisher on two jobbers...dayumnnn!

3. Damien Sandow. He's awesome, and him asking the ref to "please do your job...please!" was cracking me up. The only thing that sucks about this guy right now is his finisher. I know that Regal used to use the move but it doesn't look like it hurts at all really.

4. Show's promo...it helped a little bit more with explaining his actions, and made some sense. He did a good job with it either way.

5. Daniel Bryan going crazy on Kane with a chair...YES! YES! YES! It's nice to see he's not acting like a coward all of the time, the intensity was great for him...loved how he toyed with Kane at the end, and Orton's RKO after that was pretty sweet.