• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Kotor Mmorpg?!?!

IncaWarrior08

Ok after much research, this actually a dream that could come true and best of all our good friend BioWare will be making it. Now it will not be a KOTOR3, but instead it is an mmorpg set in the KOTOR time period. If anyone has information about it please post here, I would love to hear about it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That game has the potential to become HUGE. The number of Star Wars fans alone that would play it would easily put Blizzard out of business.

I might even check out such a game. A MMORPG Star Wars game would be welcomed with open arms by the gaming community.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Only rumors so far, but if the demand becomes high enough.. who knows?

Also there's supposed to be a LEGO MMORPG, too. And LEGO wasn't an acronym.

IncaWarrior08

Yeah I mean Star Wars Galaxies was good until they made becoming a jedi to easy and all that other crap, but now this could make up for it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow a LEGO MMORPG would actually be pretty awesome if it was done right.

I loved LEGO's back in the day. Not sure if it could be done right as an MMORPG though. It would require a TON of mapping out and planning.

Doc

V.I.P.
Not to mention a huge team to properly assemble the game, great story writers, and a game house willing to take on this massive project.

Bethesda.

Doc

V.I.P.
Bethesda has Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Elder Scrolls 5 to worry about. Might be time for a small time house to step up, or an old school to make a comeback.

Konami, Capcom, and Rare all come to mind as old school houses that need a comeback.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Atari could pull it off, or EA. I'd prefer to see Atari do it though. EA has "EA-lified" most of the games they have taken over. The Sim City games were never the same once EA bought Maxis.

Doc

V.I.P.
I'm sorry, but EA ruins games and franchises. They half-ass a game, forget half of what would make it great, and throw on some really shiny graphics. Bah.