Koontz or King

johnnyb82

Registered Member
Who's your favorite writer? Dean Koontz or Stephen King? I like Koontz. I have over 40 of his books. For some reason I can never get into anything by King. If you don't read either who is your favorite author and why?

Lesley

Registered Member
I like them both....but some of Stephen King's stuff is a little too out there for my taste.

Lately I've really been enjoying Tim Dorsey, Carl Hiaasen and Jimmy Buffett's books.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Really cant stand either of them. I used to like King back before he got the "Master of Suspense" title and it obviously went to his head what with all the hardly sitcom worthy movies.

I enjoyed "Thinner", that was probably one of my favorite King Novels. I tried reading Koontz's "Velocity" and just couldnt get into his writing style at all.

Harlan Coben is by far 10x better than both of those Authors in my personal opinion.

Stephen King has written allot of great books but also a few which aren't quite so great. The shining and desperation are both brilliant though!

George RR Martin is the author of my favourite series "A song of ice and fire" which i highly recommend reading if your into fantasy at all.
James Herbet has written lots of good horror novels and the Arthur series by Beneard Cornwell is amazing! Michael Crichton has written lots of great thriller books which i've loved..

johnnyb82

Registered Member
If you want to give Koontz another try I suggest you try the Odd Thomas series. There are 4 so far and a Graphic novel that's pretty good too. Odd Thomas has a lot of suspense and humor. It's a great read.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I like both of them but lately I've been buying Clive Cussler books.

I enjoyed Odd Thomas and Life Expectancy by Koontz. Cell was the only King novel I read that was good.
I'd choose King over Koontz.

Lesley

Registered Member
Really cant stand either of them. I used to like King back before he got the "Master of Suspense" title and it obviously went to his head what with all the hardly sitcom worthy movies.

I enjoyed "Thinner", that was probably one of my favorite King Novels. I tried reading Koontz's "Velocity" and just couldnt get into his writing style at all.

Harlan Coben is by far 10x better than both of those Authors in my personal opinion.

VELOCITY was AWESOME! I loved it. And I really dislike having to add more words to an otherwise succinct post just to have enough characters

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
the only Dean Koontz novel I ever read was so horrible, I'll never read another. I love Stephen King, but if I had read The Tommyknockers before any others, I'd never have read any more of his