• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kon's Top 100 Games

Konshentz

Konshentz
After reading through Game Informer's (terrible) Top 300 Games of All Time issue I decided to take a crack at my own, albeit shorter, version. This is it. As a heads-up, this is my top 100 favorite games. Some of these games aren't even that good, they make it on this list purely because of a fond memory attached to them. Haha. But the majority of them are marvelous games. This is also basically a first draft... subject to change at any time, especially with some blockbusters releasing in the next 3-4 months. If I missed some of your favorite games, I'm sorry... and if it makes you feel better, I'm sure I missed a few of mine too. A top 100 is actually kind hard.

Anyway, here's the list...

1.) The Last of Us
2.) Batman: Arkham City
3.) Fallout 4
4.) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
5.) Bioshock Infinite
6.) Resident Evil 2
7.) Batman: Arkham Asylum
8.) Mass Effect 2
9.) Grand Theft Auto 5
10.) The Walking Dead (Season 1)
11.) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
12.) Until Dawn
13.) Resident Evil (Remake)
14.) Super Mario Bros. 3
15.) Tales From The Borderlands
16.) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
17.) The Legend of Zelda
18.) Sunset Overdrive
19.) Prey
20.) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
21.) Resident Evil 4
22.) Gone Home
23.) Max Payne 3
24.) Mafia III
25.) Fallout 3
26.) Super Mario World
27.) Hotline Miami
28.) Batman: Arkham Origins
29.) Resident Evil 7
30.) Max Payne
31.) Dead By Daylight
32.) Quantum Break
33.) SOMA
34.) Outlast: Whistleblower
35.) Dishonored
36.) Alan Wake
37.) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
38.) Hitman: Absolution
39.) NHL '94
40.) Singularity
41.) Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
42.) Outlast
43.) Gran Turismo 2
44.) Friday The 13th: The Game
45.) Super Mario Kart
46.) Batman: Arkham Knight
47.) South Park: Stick of Truth
48.) Heavy Rain
49.) Batman (Season 1)
50.) Bioshock
51.) Mass Effect: Andromeda
52.) Firewatch
53.) Dead Space
54.) Contra
55.) Left 4 Dead 2
56.) Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
57.) Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude!
58.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
59.) The Walking Dead (Season 2)
60.) Spelunky
61.) RAGE
62.) The Suffering
63.) Read Dead Redemption
64.) Alien Isolation
65.) Stardew Valley
66.) The Suffering: The Ties That Bind
67.) Rainbow Six Siege
68.) Dying Light
69.) Grand Theft Auto 3
70.) Hotline Miami 2
71.) Tom Clancy's The Divison
72.) Watch Dogs 2
73.) Super Mario Bros.
74.) Grand Theft Auto 2
75.) L.A. Noire
76.) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
77.) Oxenfree
78.) Outlast 2
79.) Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
80.) Twisted Metal 2
81.) Syphon Filter
82.) Spec Ops: The Line
83.) Mario Party 7
84.) The Walking Dead (Season 3)
85.) NBA Jam
86.) Driver
87.) Shenmue
88.) F.E.A.R.
89.) Half-Life 2
90.) Plants vs. Zombies
91.) Mafia II
92.) Mortal Kombat II
93.) Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
94.) Road Rash 2
95.) Sonic the Hedgehog 2
96.) Silent Hill
97.) The Sims
98.) SimCity 2000
99.) Doom
100.) Fallout 2

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Where is Super Mario 64? For a while that was the best rated game on IGN. I don’t know if it’s been passed by now, but I’m surprised it didn’t make your top 100. That’s probably #1 for me.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Where is Super Mario 64?
Unfortunately, it just didn't make the cut. I wasn't in love with that game like everyone else was. To be honest, I'm surprised at how many Mario games actually made it onto my list. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the GameCube.

For a while that was the best rated game on IGN.
They are currently redoing their Top 100 Games list, so we'll have to see if it still holds up as their favorite or not.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Glad to see games like NBA Jam, Twisted Metal 2 & Road Rash 2 making that list. My brothers and I loved playing Twisted Metal and Road Rash as kids.

And I still remember my first year of high school when people would gather at lunch time for the NBA Jam tournament we had that year. Almost everyone in the school attended the finals lol

Konshentz

Konshentz
Glad to see games like NBA Jam, Twisted Metal 2 & Road Rash 2 making that list. My brothers and I loved playing Twisted Metal and Road Rash as kids.
I absolutely loved Road Rash 2. If it had any type of real story, it'd probably be a good 15-20 spots higher on my list. Haha. The music was incredible. Hearing any of those songs, especially the main theme, immediately takes me back to '94 or '95. Great memories. That's one series I really wish would get the remake treatment. Kinda shocked it hasn't yet. I may have to go to the local used game shop and snag a Genesis if they don't get off their asses. Haha.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I admit I haven't heard of a lot of the games on here but that's because I just don't get into games these days. Instead of buying a PS4 last year, I bought a PS3...because I wanted to play my old games. Which is odd, because I didn't have many. I have been playing Madden 12 since August lol. So I kinda suck.

I am a huge fan of Sim City and Doom...glad those are on there. And anything from the old NES, Sega or PS1 days. Huge Spyhon Filter fan. I bought a PS1 three years ago just so I could play those again haha

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yeah, I definitely noticed my list is heavy on the newer games. Haha.

Syphon Filter was awesome. There's been rumors over the past year or two that they are going to make a new one. With how far gaming has come since the first one, I'd totally be down for a new one. Maybe give the original voice actors a call? They could probably use the work. Haha.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I definitely notices my list is heavy on the newer games. Haha.

Syphon Filter was awesome. There's been rumors over the past year or two that they are going to make a new one. With how far gaming has come since the first one, I'd totally be down for a new one. Maybe give the original voice actors a call? They could probably use the work. Haha.
Nice...even though the new Doom didn't get me to buy the PS4, maybe that would haha. I had the first three for PS1 and I played, I think it was, the 4th that came out for PS2 (I bought it online on my PS3) and it was pretty good too.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I absolutely loved Road Rash 2. If it had any type of real story, it'd probably be a good 15-20 spots higher on my list. Haha. The music was incredible. Hearing any of those songs, especially the main theme, immediately takes me back to '94 or '95. Great memories. That's one series I really wish would get the remake treatment. Kinda shocked it hasn't yet. I may have to go to the local used game shop and snag a Genesis if they don't get off their asses. Haha.
I wish I still had my Genesis. For some reason, my mother one day decided to get rid of it a few years back while it was still perfectly functioning. My brothers were also pissed lol

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish I still had my Genesis. For some reason, my mother one day decided to get rid of it a few years back while it was still perfectly functioning. My brothers were also pissed lol
For a mere 45.99 you can buy a new one at JJ Games ;)