• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Konnor and Adam Rose suspended

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I saw this headline and have to say I breathed a sigh of relief when it wasn't someone more important haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Does this mean Viktor gets "suspended", too? Just can't see them using him much in singles matches.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Maybe we can get a chance to reintroduce the Ascension because so far they've been misused.

Adam Rose I could care less about, just release him already.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'm not worried for the Social Outcasts. If it had been Curtis Axel though, I would've been bummed because he absolutely steals the show on the mic (YEE!) so they'll carry the load without any problem. For Viktor though, it's gonna be different. He's gonna more than likely end up not being used for Konnor's whole suspension and they'll probably end up being released, which would be a shame because they were such a beast team in NXT and then, they get called up and they're stuck with the Road Warriors lookalike gimmick.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Merc and @EdgeHead - what do you guys see in The Ascension? Because I don't see it at all. I always thought they were pretty awful.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Also, wanted to add..

I can't remember who it was, maybe Road Warrior Animal, who said that one of the big reasons why there weren't very many established tag teams in the mid-2000s was the fact that both guys had to rely on each other for everything, and that if one guy fucked up, it hurt his partner as well. So nobody wanted to be in tag teams.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
They were fantastic in NXT, go back and watch.

WWE Creative completely buried them when they got bumped to the main roster.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
They were fantastic in NXT, go back and watch.

WWE Creative completely buried them when they got bumped to the main roster.
Exactly. Creative thought these guys needed to be the Road Warriors and fans didn't buy it from day one. They never corrected course. In NXT these guys were an intense and awesome unit while still being somewhat original.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I did watch them in NXT and they did nothing for me. Always thought they were kind of bland.

But, each their own, obviously.