• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kofi Kingston

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is just me being random and wanting to specifically discuss a wrestler. I have chosen to talk about Kofi Kingston.

Kofi is a former tag champion and the current IC champion; a belt he's won more than once. So what's next for him? They gave him a huge push vs Orton and they let him talk but then they kinda slowed up on him. He's over with the crowd as a babyface and is one of the most exciting wrestlers in the company.

So what would you do with him? Do you give him a main event push?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I have always been on the fence with Kofi Kingston. This guy is extremely talented and if you could only go by talent alone then I would say that he would be a great performer to be in the main event scene, but having all the talent in the world will not get him to the next level. He has a little charisma but not enough to get him to the next level. His expressions are lame in the ring and he is just plain cheesy. He is also only average on the mic. Only little kids like his character. I like him for his in ring abilities, but his gimick is just horrible, I can't imagine having his gimmick in the main event scene. But he is talented and can hang with the best in the ring. Leaning more torwards being stuck as a midcarder for the rest of his career.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Since Kofi showed us what he can do as far as bringing that true superstar presence in his feud with Orton (in 2009, was it?). Since then I've continued to be impressed by his in-ring ability, his style, and his mic skills.

I have to respectfully disagree about his "character," blue. I don't really think he has a gimmick besides being born in Ghana and adding a touch of reggae culture...he really is the type of dude to let his actions speak for him...I think he has appeal across the board.

My guess for 2011 is that Kofi will make it to the main event at some point. I'm really not sure about any Heavyweight titles though. I think that the WWE is just waiting for the right time in his case; they know they've got a quality star who's making the IC title look great, and when they need him they'll have him for the main event.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I too am on the fence with Kofi as well. For some reason, I don't see him getting a major title this year (or even next) but I do see him holding the IC Title for a good amount of title. The potential is there for a good amount of feuds that haven't been seen before and the potential is also certainly there for him to elevate the title.

Keep the IC on him, don't rush him into a crowded main event picture.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I wonder if they turned him heel, would this change any of our minds about this guy. The heel typically controls the match and I can imagine Kofi putting on even better matches if he was a heel. Would we still be on the fence?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wonder if they turned him heel, would this change any of our minds about this guy. The heel typically controls the match and I can imagine Kofi putting on even better matches if he was a heel. Would we still be on the fence?
The night that he won back the IC Title and won an immediate rematch seemed to display his control pretty well to me...he has that kind of explosive face style that really can dictate the pace of the matches he's in.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't turn Kingston heel right now. Good faces are so hard to come by that I think if you find someone the fans love you should keep it that way as long as you can before it gets dull.

Kingston can go with anybody in the ring. He's got all the skills. I don't see a World title in his future for 2011 but maybe 2012.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wouldn't turn Kingston heel right now. Good faces are so hard to come by that I think if you find someone the fans love you should keep it that way as long as you can before it gets dull.

Kingston can go with anybody in the ring. He's got all the skills. I don't see a World title in his future for 2011 but maybe 2012.
I do think that a title this year probably won't happen, and that next year is a possibility.

However, what do you think about him being in the main event once or twice this year?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do think that a title this year probably won't happen, and that next year is a possibility.

However, what do you think about him being in the main event once or twice this year?
I think it would do him a ton of good if he could just get in a title match on a PPV. He doesn't have to win the match but he needs to be competitive.

I don't know why they don't do that more often. Put guys in a title match who have never won and have them lost but make it competitive. It keeps things fresher and puts more guys over.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think it would do him a ton of good if he could just get in a title match on a PPV. He doesn't have to win the match but he needs to be competitive.

I don't know why they don't do that more often. Put guys in a title match who have never won and have them lost but make it competitive. It keeps things fresher and puts more guys over.
Totally agreed...I mean if Miz needs a victory at Elimination Chamber why not have a younger RAW face lose to him but put on a great match. Heck, even Morrison again makes sense.

Kofi and Morrison kind of run parallel on different shows, almost. If Kofi would get that big title shot like Morrison did on RAW (stupid that it was limited to RAW but it was a damn memorable match and put Morrison up the ladder) at a PPV or even on Smackdown, it would be huge for him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
barutiwa Breaking News 1
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 12
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 6