Kobe wants to be traded

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 30, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

In the Los Angeles Times, by Mike Bresnahan, Kobe Bryant says, "I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant told ESPN radio. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative."

http://www.nba.com/news/412622.html

2. I'm confused.

One part of me is saying "Kobe is bluffing Mitch Kupchak, and forcing him to make off season moves right away."

The other says;

"Kobe wants to get the hell out."

Kobe is confusing, and he's sending mixed messages.

3. Babe_Ruth

He is sending mix messages, but I believe that he just fed up, he believes that this organization isn't going in the right direction, and he doesn't see it improving anytime soon. So he just wants to go to a better organization, a place where he has a chance to win a championship. Personally I don't see anything wrong with that. I know he signed a contract with the Lakers, but if he believes that the Lakers won't get some help for Kobe then yes he should demand a trade just like Garnett should of done a long time ago.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I wouldn't give a straight 100% answer either. He's Kobe Bryant, a Laker icon. There would be an uproar among the Laker fan community if they knew for sure he'd be leaving. You have to let them have some hope.

5. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Well I think that Kobe could go either way about this. I mean sure he is the face of the Lakers but I mean now that he don't have Shaq he is finding out just how hard it is to basically carry a team on your shoulders. He would have it easier in the east for sure. But at the same time he has played for the Lakers and he has a good rep there and I don't think he would turn his back on the team.

6. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

figures, 3 hours later, he retracts his trade demand.

what a putz

here's hoping he never wins another title.
    in which case I hope he remains a Laker :D

7. zunami

zunami Registered Member

He wants to stay in LA but he also wants to win. That's why the mixed messages. He can't be traded so the only solution to this mess I see is trading Odom. Bynum gets paid too little for him to be a trade piece all by himself.

8. typical celtic fan =/. I bet youre pissed your team tanked and still couldn't land a decent pick.it's pathetic when you lose on purpose, where is the pride?. We'll win a championship before your team ever does. i mean seriously when was the last time the celts did anything worth noticing? lmao the lakers took a shit on your franchise by giving you gary payton.

don't disrespect legends, it's something you just don't do.

9. KING JAZZ

KING JAZZ Guest

[​IMG]

simple as that

and btw, im not hatin. its simply the truth

10. Babe_Ruth

He's sending mix messages because deep down I beleive he doesn't want to leave L.A. He's just tired of struggling to make the playoffs and when they do they get eliminated in the first round. He wants stars around him so he can comptete in the Western Conference. Atleast he's kinda admitting that he can't do it by himself.