Kobe Changing is number

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 6, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Report has it that Kobe is going to change is number to 24, some people say it's because he wants to get away from is old past, like rape case, feud with Shaq, some other people say that he wants to have a higher number then Jordan so he can be superiour to him. Some say that with the Jordan XXXIII's coming out soon, Nike wants Kobe to pick up where he left off at XXXIV.

But the only way you can change number is if you change teams or you ask the NBA offices six months in advance. Also the Lakers signed Jim Jackson and he's currently supporting number 24.

What do you guys think?

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

He can change it for all I care. I doubt it'll change his game at all.

3. Babe_Ruth

That's not the point I am making, it's just I find it a little cocky that he wants to change is number especially 24. I have a feeling that the reason he's changing it, ít's because he wants to be better then Jordan and the first step is to be one higher number then him. I can be wrong but knowing how Kobe's demeanor is it might be true. Obviously he won't come out and say it.

4. Xero.Shab

Xero.Shab Guest

i wont like it... i have a kobe jersey....with number 8 on it

5. air_bryant08

air_bryant08 Guest

it wont effect him in anyway..but i would rather have him stay with $8 cuz hes had it all of his career

6. Babe_Ruth

Should be very interesting to see what happens with this matter. Everyone is used to see number 8 tearing up the league we will have to get used to number 24 tearing it up now. I am sure it won't affect is game it's just weird he wants to change it after wearing it for almost 10 years.

7. McLaren

McLaren Guest

the #8 jersey is a legacy

8. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

if he does change it for the Jordan thing, ill think hed be taking advantage of his record breaking status higher than jordan's and hes being selfish

9. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

If he is considering changing it to be one higher than Jordan, I dislike him even more. If he is doing it to try to get away from his past problems, then I can nderstand.

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

oooh. then...I still don't care. if he wants to be better than Jordan by changing his number, then let him do it. it takes more than a number to be better than jordan