Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA' started by StroShow, Jul 20, 2007.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I've noticed that we have two new Lakers fan that joined us at Fusion Central. I have a feeling that if your Lakers fan then you must be huge Kobe Bryant fans. I was wondering where you guys rate Kobe Bryant career in NBA history? What he needs to do to pass the almighty Michael Jordan to be the best of all time? And do you think he'll ever surpass him?

2. farhan810

farhan810 Guest

As far as I'm concerned, he's getting up there but I'm not so sure he'll pass Jordan. In terms of pure basketball ability, I believe they're equals. Jordan, however, was a smarter and more efficient player. Even so, I don't think anyone can say to a certainty that Kobe would still take ill-advised shots if he were surrounded by talent. He trusts his own abilities more than his teammates, and sometimes that means he'll take the random 35 footer then pass to Brian Cook for a wide-open brick, I mean shot.

3. zunami

zunami Registered Member

How the hell is he getting up there? With every passing season, I think he's getting lower and lower to achieving Jordan's status. Intelligence and efficiency are abilites just like scoring is so they're definitely not equals in terms of ability. I'd say he has to win 3 more championships to be up at Jordan's level.

4. Kobe will never be as successful as Jordan in terms of awards. Jordan was more popular with the media whereas Kobe is not AT ALL. In terms of skill I think Kobe is better, he is the better offensive player, though I'll give the defensive edge to MJ. People just hate on Kobe for no damn reason.

5. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

agreed, but people hate on Kobe because of one, two or all 3 reasons:

1. He was accused of rape back in '04

2. Mitch Kupchak got rid of Shaq but Kobe took all the blame of ruining the Laker dynasty.

3. Hes just too plain good that he makes other fan favorites look like they just suck

6. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

He can be arrogant and cocky sometimes thats where some of the hate comes from, but will agree with #3 some players are too great for their own good, you cant stop him so you hate on him. But in the end Kobe will be Kobe Mike will be Mike and the two will never be the same ever!

vvv I wonder why he hates Kobe vvv
    http://www.kobesucks.org/

7. 1. Yeah I guess your right there, although people seem to forget he was cleared of all charges

2. Shaq himself has now said Kobe didn't run him out, yet people STILL act like Kobe did. Makes no sense to me.

3. Well he is the best player on the planet, you have a point there.:laugh:

8. zunami

zunami Registered Member

He's also the most selfish player in the league and often takes fadeaway double clutch turnarounds when there's a guy wide open. I still think he's the best player in the league, he's just not in an environment that suits him unlike Nash.

9. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

After everything is said and done for Kobe Bryant he'll never be as good as Michael Jordan(I personnaly think no one will). He'll be considered as probably on the best players to ever play in the NBA, but he hasn't learned how to play as a team like Jordan did after a few years in the NBA. When he started to make role players better around him that's how he started to win championships. Kobe does involve teamates but not enough for them to make a serious run at the title.

10. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

Ummm, I guess sharing the ball with his teammates isnt enough to win the Suns series last year?