• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kobe Bryant to be traded to the CHICAGO BULLS

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok this has gone a tad off topic, but I'm wondering, is the Kobe/Bulls deal still up in the air or is it officially not happening? From what I've heard he will be staying with the Lakers.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
the Suns got 'STERNED' 2 of the suns players were suspended for walking towards Nash to see if he was alright after getting smashed into the advertisement board

YET

Duncan can walk onto the floor from the bench almost reach halfcourt and not even get a slap on the wrist...

THE SUNS GOT SCREWED! (and the spurs are dirty)
I was rooting for the Suns and I can't fucking stand the Spurs. The Spurs did have everything go in their favor, but they were still the better team in that series.
If they got rid of those starters to make way for Bryant to the Bulls they'd have no low-post game. Not saying they have much of any now, but I can't imagine the Bulls without Hinrich/Deng/Gordon/Nocioni/Wallace. They lack players who can score on the block as is. The Bulls were 5-9 last year when the season started, so I wouldn't count them out as play-off contenders. They just need to get their priorities straight.
None of the players that came up in the trade talks have any low-post game anyway. They don't have to trade the entire team. They'd still have a much better roster than what the Lakers currently have.
And right after that post I did point out he averaged 5.4 APG last year, I was looking at his play-off numbers.
Sorry, didn't see it. You must have posted it while I was making my post.
And you pointed out some talanted Laker players, don't know why everyone wants to say he (Kobe) is surrounded by a group of nobodies. Kobe has shot worse than his own team in 9 out of 11 seasons. Kobe hurts his team every year when he places absolutely no trust in his teammates. He spends so much time carrying the offensive load that he'd probably come to the conclusion that he could win more games if he passed to his teammates more often. Kobe on the Bulls would be the same exact thing, let's fall back into the rebuilding process, Chicago. No thank you.
I'm sorry, dude, Kobe is not surrounded by a group of talented players. Kwame Brown and Luke Walton are garbage. Derek Fisher isn't the same player he was when the Lakers won their three titles. Ronny Turiaf? Chris Mim? Please.
And the league MVP award is not bullshit, that's something a college hoops fan would say.
So Dirk Nowitzki was the most valuable player in the NBA last year? What a joke. I don't see how me being a college fan has anything to do with this.
It's a little bit sad that Kobe will never win the league MVP award, let alone another ring. He was fortunate enough to come into the league in 1997 and join a team that was already a perenial playoff team. The '97 Lakers starting lineup looked like this. Shaq, Elden Cambell, Eddie Jones, Byron Scott, Nick Van Exel. Kobe was then fortunate enough to win three rings, in three years starting in 2000. Who was the league MVP in 2000? Shaq.

Finals MVP in '00, '01, and '02? Shaq.

Lakers scoring and rebound leader on all of those teams? Shaq.

O'Neal is believed to be the most dominant player of all time by many. The Lakers got rid of him because Kobe wanted him off the team. And what happens right after that. Shaq wins a ring without Kobe. Okay, okay, he did have Dwane Wade. :lol: Seems like a life time ago but Kobe's career field goal percentage is 45%. Dropped to 43% after Shaq left for Miami. So that's another amusing statistic, why would his FG% drop when Shaq's not on the team and oh yeah, Kobe Bryant is playing more minutes now. Simple, he's a shotjacker. He doesn't care about winning. Even Phil Jackson has gone on to state that, especially more recently.
Not sure what you're trying to get at here. Kobe could have very easily won the MVP award any of the last few years. Like I said, they give it to the best player on the best team most of the time. Take Kobe off the Lakers and they're easily, EASILY, one of the worst teams in the NBA. Kobe took them to the playoffs. You take Steve Nash off the Suns, Tim Duncan off the Spurs, Nowitzki off the Mavs, those are still quality playoff teams. You have to compare Kobe to a player like Kevin Garnett, who had to do everything himself in Minnesota.

Good for Shaq winning all those awards. It doesn't surprise me. He's the most dominant big man in NBA history.
------
Ok this has gone a tad off topic, but I'm wondering, is the Kobe/Bulls deal still up in the air or is it officially not happening? From what I've heard he will be staying with the Lakers.
Not going to happen. Maybe if the Bulls keep losing they'll try to make it happen.

Last edited:

SamusAran86

Registered Member
the trade is not going to happen. end of story...

the Bulls dont want to gove what the Lakers want because Kobe wouldnt be happy with the rest of the team then. Kobe wants talent, not a bunch of backups, hes tired of playng on a crappy team, and dont get me wrong, I cant stand the man, which is why I was upset at the kobe for MArion/few others talk

RarePD

Registered Member
Like I said, you don't win NBA MVP if you get your team to the 8th spot of the play-offs, and can't even get past the first round. Kobe Bryant didn't deserve NBA MVP any of those previous years. And him scoring 81 points against the team ranked last in defense that year was really impressive. And people say no one scored 81 before, I guess these kids who watch the NBA never heard of Wilt Chamberlain. And if you think Dirk is bullshit or the MVP award is bullshit you probably didn't watch any Dallas Mavericks games. 78 out of 82 games he played last year averaging 27.2 PPG, 8.1 defensive rebounds per game finishing the season with a 27.6 player effiency rating. Kobe last year had 4.6 defensive rebounds per game and averaged 31 points. His PER was lower than Dirk's at 26.1. And Kobe Bryant isn't a shotblocker like Nowitski, 0.5 BPG against a forward who finished the season with 1 BPG is pretty far in contrast. Dirk controlled the tempo of a lot of games he played, while people ignore those subpar 40% of games Kobe plays where he goes from scoring 81 points to the next game scoring a season low. I like seeing players who dominate, but he needs to dominate all of the time, not just some of the time. A lot of people pass judgement on players like Tim Duncan or Dirk because they're not all flash like Kobe Bryant. I'd always prefer substance over style. However, Dallas in the play-offs was a joke, and those Golden State Warriors were simply ON FIRE. Did anyone see that series? That was the most electrifying series I ever witnessed on TV, and I earned a greater deal of respect for Baron Davis the way he played with relentless style. The Warriors were playing like they were the number 1 seed and Dallas was the 8th spot.

Check out this crazy guy ....

YouTube - Opinion on Kobe Bryant

LOL He's pissed!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Why do you keep bringing up Kobe's 81 point game? I haven't mentioned it once, and I certainly don't think one game is deserving of an MVP award.

So Kobe didn't deserve the MVP last year because his team lost in the first round? Dallas lost in the first round to a much inferior team. Dirk averaged 5 less points per game in the playoffs than in the regular season, and his field goal percentage was under 40%. Kobe elevated his game in the playoffs, the same way Jordan used to. That's what an MVP does. It's a shame they vote for the MVP after the regular season. Kobe is much more valuable to his team than Dirk is to his. Don't let your hatred of the guy blind you from the truth.

RarePD

Registered Member
Kobe elevated his game in the play-offs? That's odd because I could of sworn I heard Phoenix Sun fans chant "Kobe sucks, Kobe sucks" when Kobe couldn't even handle Steve Nash while being bounced out of the first round. And that would also be ironic since Kobe never elevated his game in the play-offs, Shaq did. Okay, if Kobe wins 7 Finals MVPs, 6 League MVPs, 11 Scoring Titles, 2 Defensive Player of the Year awards and a FG% over 47% then we can talk. A lot of people think it's blind hatred, that's fine because it's really not. If that was true I wouldn't be contributing to KB24Overrated.com, I just look at his statistics thru the 11 something seasons he's played, and suffice to say he's one overrated 2Guard. Kobe is valuable to his team? You don't really believe that, do you? He's aliented himself, he's not a team player, he burns bridges. You can read Phil Jackson's book or read his latest comments on numerous sports magazines and websites. He's not valuable to his team, not like I need to convince you otherwise, you can stick to your opinion, that's fine. But anything being blind it's the fact you think he's valuable to the Los Angeles Lakers. :lol: Come on now... have you been paying attention during the pre-season? Have you heard what Magic Johnson even thinks of the man? I'm not going to repeat myself and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, but one thing is certain. Kobe Bryant is a selfish basketball player. Kobe Bryant can't win championships without a dominating center or get past the first round of the play-offs without Shaq. This is fact. If that's someone "elevating" their game during the play-offs, it's not very effective on his behalf.

LOL Anyway, about Kobe trade, rumors floated from Detroit media outlets yesterday that the Pistons and Lakers had reached "done deal" status on a trade — Kobe for Rip, Tayshaun, Amir Johnson and a 1st rounder — before Kobe allegedly vetoed it because he didn't want to go to a depleted Pistons squad. What's wrong with Kobe?

Rasheed, Billups, Maxiell, McDyess and a serviceable bench? Maybe pick up another wing guy/defender around the deadline and you're good to go. He's hard pressed to convince, that's for certain.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Kobe elevated his game in the play-offs? That's odd because I could of sworn I heard Phoenix Sun fans chant "Kobe sucks, Kobe sucks" when Kobe couldn't even handle Steve Nash while being bounced out of the first round.
1. Kobe didn't guard Nash.
2. Kobe definitely sucks since the Suns fans were saying it. :rolleyes:
And that would also be ironic since Kobe never elevated his game in the play-offs, Shaq did. Okay, if Kobe wins 7 Finals MVPs, 6 League MVPs, 11 Scoring Titles, 2 Defensive Player of the Year awards and a FG% over 47% then we can talk.
Once again you're trying to compare him to Shaq and Jordan. Why? Why does he have to be as good as Jordan? If he's not, he sucks? That's ridiculous. Every player in the NBA today sucks then.
A lot of people think it's blind hatred, that's fine because it's really not. If that was true I wouldn't be contributing to KB24Overrated.com, I just look at his statistics thru the 11 something seasons he's played, and suffice to say he's one overrated 2Guard. Kobe is valuable to his team? You don't really believe that, do you? He's aliented himself, he's not a team player, he burns bridges. You can read Phil Jackson's book or read his latest comments on numerous sports magazines and websites. He's not valuable to his team, not like I need to convince you otherwise, you can stick to your opinion, that's fine. But anything being blind it's the fact you think he's valuable to the Los Angeles Lakers. :lol: Come on now... have you been paying attention during the pre-season? Have you heard what Magic Johnson even thinks of the man? I'm not going to repeat myself and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, but one thing is certain. Kobe Bryant is a selfish basketball player. Kobe Bryant can't win championships without a dominating center or get past the first round of the play-offs without Shaq. This is fact. If that's someone "elevating" their game during the play-offs, it's not very effective on his behalf.
The Lakers would be one of the worst teams in the NBA without Kobe. That tells me he's pretty valuable to his team. But I'm not going to argue about this with you anymore because your hatred is preventing you from being objective. Trust me, I hate the guy too, I always have, but I can at least admit he's the best player in the NBA, and almost every NBA analyst agrees. I'm beginning to think the girl he raped was your sister or something.

RarePD

Registered Member
Well at least you admit he did commit the illegal act of rape. :lol:

Sorry, not every sports analyst would agree Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA right now. LeBron James is leading the league in points and he already proved to the world that he's a team player and what did LeBron James do on his own? He took the Cavs to the NBA Finals, and look at his teammates. Shannon Brown? Ira Newble? Donyell Marshall? Aleksander Pavlovic? It's not like these are well known superstars but at least LeBron doesn't shoot the shit and complain like a little bitch. He handles his own and LeBron takes his team to the NBA Finals all on his own. And it's not like he has a dominant center or contributing SF yet the young kid elevated his game on a far higher level than Kobe ever has. So if anyone is the best player in the NBA, I and a lot of "sports analysts" would agree it's LeBron. I don't know what season you've been watching. And you know LeBron James is just going to improve with each passing year, while Kobe, well as I indicated, he's a far less dynamic 2Guard compared to when he had a dominant center. And it's not like he has to play the role as "sidekick", he has more minutes yet Lamar Odom just had a better game than Kobe Bryant. So, as I said before, Kobe Bryant is falling back into place as "sidekick" why do you think he wanted to leave L.A.? How is someone who lacks team chemistry, pisses off his coach, let's his own fans down, PER declines with each passing year and kicked one of the most dominant centers in the game off his team the best player in the NBA? I'm just realizing you don't watch too much basketball, Echoes. :lol: Just read Phil Jackson's book, or better yet, read this book called "Dead Women Tell No Tales" and I'm pretty sure your opinion on him being the "best in the NBA" will drastically change. He tainted his image in 2003, and look at all the edorsements he lost. Have you seen Nintendo develop anymore NBA Courtside featuring Kobe Bryant video games anymore? He's not the protagonist in Los Angeles anymore. He's not the leading advocate for the National Basketball Association anymore, either. As if he ever was.

Anyway, I didn't even notice we were "arguing" I thought we were just sharing opinions, but if you don't want to add any further input that's fine. We can keep going back and forth on this if you want, I don't mind :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
LeBron James led the Cavs to the Finals last year because they're in the Eastern Conference, not to mention they had a very easy road because of the NBA's fucked up seeding structure. They beat the 7-seed, Washington, in the first round, who was without Arenas and Butler. Second round, they beat the 6-seed, New Jersey, who was 41-41 during the regular season. So basically, all they had to do was beat the aging Pistons. It was no surprise to anyone that they were destroyed by the Spurs in the Finals. The Lakers had to play the Suns, the second best team in the NBA. Swap Cleveland with LA. Which team makes it further in the playoffs? Cleveland probably gets swept or wins 1 game against the Suns, just like the Lakers did. The Lakers would make it to at least the Eastern Conference Finals, where I think they'd have a decent chance to beat the Pistons.

The Cavs' roster isn't great, but I don't know what you're talking about with them not having a good center. Ilgauskas is easily one of the best centers in the Eastern Conference and has played in a couple All-Star games. Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden are solid players, and Damon Jones and Eric Snow have playoff experience. Daniel Gibson, the rookie, scored 31 points in game 6 against Detroit. They have decent players.

Who do the Lakers have? Kwame Brown and 19 year old Andrew Bynum at center. Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic, Ronny Turiaf, Smush Parker, Jordan Farmar, Shammond Williams? Give me a fucking break. Most of those players would never see the court on other teams. Lamar Odom is their only other good player, and he's not that great. He's never averaged more than 17 points per game. I think YOU'RE the one who doesn't watch much basketball.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
So the Bulls are 2-10 now, tied for the 2nd worst record in the NBA. Not only are they losing games, they're getting destroyed. They have the worst scoring offense, and the worst point differential. It's too early to say they're going to miss the playoffs, but it's obvious they're not going to contend for title. The rest of the Eastern Conference improved their rosters in the off-season while the Bulls were content with theirs. So yeah, I say it was a big mistake not going after Kobe. The Lakers are 7-6, including a 28 point win over the Bulls. Like I've said before, Kobe would have better teammates with the Bulls than he has with the Lakers, so there's no reason to think the Bulls wouldn't be doing better with Kobe than they are without him.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 3
Babe_Ruth NBA 2
dDave NBA 8
dDave NBA 11
StroShow NBA 12