• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kobe Bryant to be traded to the CHICAGO BULLS

RarePD

Registered Member
The Bulls were not dumb. John Paxson made the right decision. Kobe Bryant's been in the NBA for 11 years now, that's a long time no matter what your position is. His numbers are declining, and he'll never be a defensive threat like Jordan. You want to dominate some of the time, that's fine, but you need to dominate all of the time. Those sub 40% games where he shoots under 42%, loses the game winner to a potential buzzer-beater while haiving two to three teammates wide-open is unacceptable. And yes he scored 81 points, against the Toronto Raptors the team ranked LAST in defense that year. And I believe he only had two assists that game, if not ZERO (wouldn't surprise me). He's never won the league MVP, and he obviously cannot carry a team on his shoulders without a dominating center. Granted he had the best center of our era on his team, he's showing the entire Laker organization that he wants to play elsewhere. Phil Jackson states he doesn't "give it his all" on the court, the kids a mess of mental proportions. The Lakers used to be a team everyone wanted to be a part of, you either went there, or you went to the Sacramento Kings. And of course things change in due time, but he pretty much tainted his image in L.A. And if he was to switch divisions and put on a Bulls jersey, he'd do the exact same thing to Chicago. And like I said, he's been in the league for awhile now. There's a new generation of players out there.

I doubt Kobe will remain in L.A., but wherever he goes I know him and Ben Wallace alone won't win a championship anytime soon. The kid needs a center that can score 30+, win NBA Finals MVP and make him feel like the sidekick. Which is a shame because the Lakers gave him everything, and he's still not happy. So how could he ever be happy in Chicago, I mean, it rains there.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
His numbers are declining? :lol: The last two years have been his two highest scoring years of his career and he was the NBA scoring leader both years. He shot over 46% last year, which is pretty damn good considering how much he shoots from the perimeter. He's only 29. He's in his prime right now. Jordan won what, like 4 or 5 titles after turning 30? Kobe has a lot of good years still ahead of him.

It's not like the Bulls have to trade their entire team. Let's say they trade Gordon, Deng, Thomas, and Sefolosha. Their starting lineup would be Kirk Hinrich, Kobe Bryant, Andres Nocioni, Joe Smith or Joakim Noah, and Ben Wallace. And they'd still have a couple decent players coming off the bench. That's infinitely better than what the Lakers have right now, and Kobe led them to the playoffs in the much tougher Western Conference.

RarePD

Registered Member
He went from averaging 27.9 in '05-06 and his PPG did go up the next year, but I don't take into consideration a player who can score 30+ points and not distribute the ball to his teammaes. There's no reason for his assists to drop 5.1 one year then fall to 4.4 APG the next. He used to be able to grab boards and isolate in the key with his pressence, but now that's (rebounds) dropped and a lot of these rookies aren't fearing Kobe Bryant the way they used to. Kobe's a shotjacker, plain and simple. And I believe he was in his prime when he was winning championships, he's not even impressing Phil Jackson so I don't see why anyone else would find his on-court shennigans impressive.

These past 2 seasons, Odom has had a PER of 17 and 16.1, yet Kobe can't win more than 45 or make it out of the 2nd round and his top season is ranked WAY down at #42. Odom is now Kobe's sidekick, the same way Kobe was Shaq's sidekick. Kobe in game 5 shot 13-33 at 39% with only 1 assist while his team was shooting 53% and Odom was on fire at 13-21 at 65%. I'm not making that up. Even though Odom is a solid all-around player people want to put the scapegoat on his (Bryant's) teammates. Poor leadership, poor team play by Kobe. Even Magic Johnson has gone on record saying he doesn't exempt "Showtime Laker" basketball. He doesn't talk or hang out with his teammates, maybe if he went to college he would of learned that crucial aspect to the game. Then again, look who he said his best teammate was, Dennis Rodman. Why did he say that? Because they never talked to each other! I just think ever since Kobe came here from Italy he's always felt like an outcast or outsider. And I'd rather see the Bulls be 0-9 without him.
Kobe gets credit for wins and takes responsbility for losses now, he can't win more than 45 or make it past the 1st round even with Odom posting PER's higher than PIP had in 90 when Jordan won 55, made it to game 7 Conference Finals and had a top 10 season all time. Kobe's best is #42?!?! I can on and on why this guy is overrated.

FACT: Kobe has played 784 games. When Jordan retired in '98, his legacy was cemented, and he had played 932 games. So, in the next year and a half, think Kobe can: make up the HUGE disparity in stats, win 8 more Scoring Titles, 3 Steals Titles, DPOY, get 200 steals and 100 blocks in the same season, win 5 MVPs, 6 Finals MVPs, and oh yeah....3 more rings? I'm taking bets...

Haha I know I get sidetracked comparing Kobe to Jordan but since everyone thinks Kobe is the best the NBA has ever seen they are pretty far away from the truth. Actually, pretty damn distant. :)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
By the way, the Bulls are now 0-4. We'll see how big of a hole they decide to put themselves in before they start playing for real. Hopefully not too big, cause the Eastern Conference is a lot deeper this year than it has been the past few years.

What does Jordan have to do with Kobe possibly being traded to the Bulls? There is no Michael Jordan in the NBA now and we probably won't see another player like him for a long time. That doesn't mean the Bulls shouldn't try to improve their roster. Kobe is closest thing to Jordan in the league right now, the kind of player who can singlehandedly win games.

Kobe does everything. You say he isn't a good defensive player. He's been voted to the All-NBA Defensive Team seven times. You say he doesn't pass the ball. He averaged 5.4 assists per game last year, which is a number Jordan didn't top after the '92-93 season. Could he pass more? Sure. But with the lack of talent around him, why would he want to? Odom is a good player, but he's not Scottie Pippen.

Without a superstar like Kobe, don't be surprised to see another inconsistent year for the Bulls. They'll be lucky to finish in the top 4 in the Eastern Conference and they'll get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs again.

RarePD

Registered Member
Singlehandedly win games? He can't even get past the first round of the play-offs without Shaq. :lol:

And Kobe Bryant had 4.4 assists per game last year, not 5.4. His career APG is 4.5. And what do you mean Jordan didn't top 5.4 APG until after the 1992 season? Where are you getting your information from? :lol:

Jordan averaged 5.9 assists per game, in his rookie year! 8.0 APG in 88-89. I mean, the man was even able to average 5.3 APG when he was playing in Washington.

Suffice to say being the league leader in scoring doesn't equate to you being the most dominant basketball player in the NBA. That's why he didn't win NBA MVP that year. Even after an 81 point effort on his behalf he didn't win his first ever season MVP. You don't win league MVP if you can only get your team to the 8th seed of the play-offs and not be able to get past the first round.

As for the Bulls, this whole Kobe situation is the reason they're 0-4. Deng doesn't know if he's staying or going, Gordon wants more money, and Ben Wallace isn't even giving it all on the court. I can understand these younger players drifting away from team basketball, but Ben Wallace? I thought he was a "vet" :lol: The Bulls need to seriously wake up and realize they're better off without number 24. They need to wake up before rigamortis sets in.

And if you truly believe Kobe would of taken Chicago anywhere you first need to look at how he self-destructed the Laker franchise. Singlehandedly I may add. :)

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Kobe isnt a bull because he wants Deng to stay with the Bulls so they have a good team around him, and the Lakers want Deng in the trade, thats the only reason hes a Laker at the moment.

RarePD

Registered Member
Oh wait Kobe did have 5.4 APG last year, I was looking at his play-offs number, my bad. :lol:

If they got rid of those starters to make way for Bryant to the Bulls they'd have no low-post game. Not saying they have much of any now, but I can't imagine the Bulls without Hinrich/Deng/Gordon/Nocioni/Wallace. They lack players who can score on the block as is. The Bulls were 5-9 last year when the season started, so I wouldn't count them out as play-off contenders. They just need to get their priorities straight.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Singlehandedly win games? He can't even get past the first round of the play-offs without Shaq. :lol:
Dude, look at the Lakers' roster. Kwame Brown, Ronny Turiaf, Luke Walton, and Derek Fisher are the other starters right now. Even when Odom is healthy that line-up is terrible. And they're still better than the Bulls!
And Kobe Bryant had 4.4 assists per game last year, not 5.4. His career APG is 4.5. And what do you mean Jordan didn't top 5.4 APG until after the 1992 season? Where are you getting your information from? :lol:
Um, no. Kobe had 5.4 assists last year. Go to nba.com and check for yourself. I said Jordan didn't top 5.4 assists AFTER '92-93. As in, '92-93 was the last time he averaged 5.4 assists or higher.
Jordan averaged 5.9 assists per game, in his rookie year! 8.0 APG in 88-89. I mean, the man was even able to average 5.3 APG when he was playing in Washington.
OK, is this supposed to be relevant?
Suffice to say being the league leader in scoring doesn't equate to you being the most dominant basketball player in the NBA. That's why he didn't win NBA MVP that year. Even after an 81 point effort on his behalf he didn't win his first ever season MVP. You don't win league MVP if you can only get your team to the 8th seed of the play-offs and not be able to get past the first round.
The MVP is a bullshit award that typically goes to the best player on the best team during the regular season. Dirk Nowitski? Give me a fucking break. It's a miracle the Lakers even MADE the playoffs the last couple years with the players they have. Kobe deserves a lot of credit for that.
And if you truly believe Kobe would of taken Chicago anywhere you first need to look at how he self-destructed the Laker franchise. Singlehandedly I may add. :)
I think he has the right to be unhappy with how the franchise has put the team together. I think Kobe is a bitch for how he handled the situation, but I don't blame him for wanting to be traded.

RarePD

Registered Member
Dude, did you have to quote nearly every sentence I typed? :lol:

And right after that post I did point out he averaged 5.4 APG last year, I was looking at his play-off numbers. And you pointed out some talanted Laker players, don't know why everyone wants to say he (Kobe) is surrounded by a group of nobodies. Kobe has shot worse than his own team in 9 out of 11 seasons. Kobe hurts his team every year when he places absolutely no trust in his teammates. He spends so much time carrying the offensive load that he'd probably come to the conclusion that he could win more games if he passed to his teammates more often. Kobe on the Bulls would be the same exact thing, let's fall back into the rebuilding process, Chicago. No thank you.

And the league MVP award is not bullshit, that's something a college hoops fan would say. It's a little bit sad that Kobe will never win the league MVP award, let alone another ring. He was fortunate enough to come into the league in 1997 and join a team that was already a perenial playoff team. The '97 Lakers starting lineup looked like this. Shaq, Elden Cambell, Eddie Jones, Byron Scott, Nick Van Exel. Kobe was then fortunate enough to win three rings, in three years starting in 2000. Who was the league MVP in 2000? Shaq.

Finals MVP in '00, '01, and '02? Shaq.

Lakers scoring and rebound leader on all of those teams? Shaq.

O'Neal is believed to be the most dominant player of all time by many. The Lakers got rid of him because Kobe wanted him off the team. And what happens right after that. Shaq wins a ring without Kobe. Okay, okay, he did have Dwane Wade. :lol: Seems like a life time ago but Kobe's career field goal percentage is 45%. Dropped to 43% after Shaq left for Miami. So that's another amusing statistic, why would his FG% drop when Shaq's not on the team and oh yeah, Kobe Bryant is playing more minutes now. Simple, he's a shotjacker. He doesn't care about winning. Even Phil Jackson has gone on to state that, especially more recently.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Um, no. Try beating the Spurs first.
the Suns got 'STERNED' 2 of the suns players were suspended for walking towards Nash to see if he was alright after getting smashed into the advertisement board

YET

Duncan can walk onto the floor from the bench almost reach halfcourt and not even get a slap on the wrist...

THE SUNS GOT SCREWED! (and the spurs are dirty)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 3
Babe_Ruth NBA 2
dDave NBA 8
dDave NBA 11
StroShow NBA 12