• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kobe Bryant to be traded to the CHICAGO BULLS

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Kobe also said he didn't want to go to the Bulls, anyway.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Kobe might be the best player, but there is nothing better than the Bulls durring there prime

but I also have to say
Nash
Stodimire
Diaw
Marion
Bell

could give those Bulls a run for there money (and the suns got screwed last year)
Um, no. Try beating the Spurs first.
Kobe also said he didn't want to go to the Bulls, anyway.
No he didn't, unless he changed his mind. At one point during all these trade rumors, he said he DID want to play for the Bulls.

Doc

V.I.P.
I don't have the link anymore, ESPN is way too unorganized, but I remember reading an article where he said he didn't want to play for them.

I also have to say that ESPN is unreliable, and he could have just made the statement to be a dick after the Bulls said they didn't want him.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, seriously, can't trust anything E!SPN tells you. It wouldn't surprise me if Kobe said that, though. He did go back and forth about wanting to be traded about 4.7 billion times.

Also, the Bulls are 0-3 so far this year, and their three losses are to mediocre Eastern Conference teams. I know it's REAL early in the season, but they're already showing they can't be an elite team without trading for a superstar like Kobe Bryant. Paxson is an idiot for not trying to work out a deal with the Lakers.

Last edited:

Doc

V.I.P.
I'm not huge on the NBA, of course, but weren't they trying to trade at least two major stars for Kobe?

Honestly, this is as much bullshit as who's going to sign A-Rod next season, but we don't want to get into baseball.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
They were talking about trading Luol Deng and Ben Gordon. They're both good players with a lot of potential, but I wouldn't consider either of them major stars. That's the problem with the Bulls. They have all these good players, but none of them are even at the All-Star level. In most sports this would be fine, but apparently in the NBA you need a superstar in order to advance through the playoffs. That's one of the reasons I don't really take the NBA that seriously. It isn't much of a team sport.

RarePD

Registered Member
Echoes, I remember when the Bulls went 0-9 in the start of the season in '05 I believe and made it to the play-offs for the first time since 1998. And I just hope Loul Deng does not become a restricted free agent further into the season. Be a shame to see the Bulls lose him, I'd rank him up there with Gordon and Heinrich and he's only going to become a better player.

Glad this Kobe/Chicago thing has dispersed thus far, like I said, I don't want to see the franchise fall back into the rebuilding process. You don't build a team around Kobe Bryant, even Jerry Buss and Phil Jackson have been unsuccessful. Why don't you just trade him to the Clippers, at least he'd still play in the same building ... :lol:

And I'm surprised to see that Seattle might eventually move to Oklahoma City. Do they even play/know basketball there?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, they started 0-9 and made the playoffs...and got bounced in the first round. They'll probably make the playoffs this year, but I don't see them getting past the second round, unless they get ridiculously easy opponents like Cleveland had last year. Deng is a great player, but Gordon and Hinrich are overrated. Gordon is so inconsistent and takes a lot of bad shots. Hinrich chokes in the playoffs. Kobe is a proven winner and can score from anywhere on the court. The Bulls were dumb to pass up the opportunity to get him.

The New Orleans Hornets played a lot of their home games in Oklahoma City last year cause of Hurricane Katrina and they had great fan support there. The state of Oklahoma doesn't have any professional sports teams, so I think an NBA team would do well there.

croc

Registered Member
kobe is going to staying with the lakers,because they won't all the bulls good player for him

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 3
Babe_Ruth NBA 2
dDave NBA 8
dDave NBA 11
StroShow NBA 12