Kobe Bryant to be traded to the CHICAGO BULLS

Discussion in 'NBA' started by RarePD, Oct 28, 2007.

1. RarePD

RarePD Registered Member

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It looks like it's still up in the air though. Kobe doesn't want all 4 of those players to be traded because if he goes to the Bulls without them, the team will not have enough good players to win a championship.

I'm pretty sure this is not a good deal for the Bulls. Perhaps for a few players but not 4 of the best, unless they plan to get a few more good players in the draft.

Regardless of what people say about Kobe vs. Michael Jordan, you can't argue that Kobe is a good player. Sure he is a ball hog and has an ego and attitude problem, BUT, the players he is hogging the ball from are worse players, so who are they to complain about him?

I'm not saying I'm a Kobe fan, I'm just saying that Kobe on the Bulls could be a good thing if the trade was better than this one they have been mulling over.

3. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

I really don't care anymore, I have gotten out of NBA sports.

I don't really care to much for Bryant.

I so don't think he is as good as Jordan.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Bryant is good, assuming that they don't trade out their good players from before this trade then the Bulls will be a pretty good team again.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

..but the Bulls are actually not a bad team right now. Trading away their top 4 players would make them pretty bad again, even with one really good player (Kobe).

6. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

To me at least, I don't know if they will be ever as good as when they had the line up of these players.

Jordan
    Pippen
    BJ Amstrong
    John Paxston
    Cartwright

That was a great team then.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The Bulls should absolutely try to trade for Kobe, as long as they can keep Luol Deng. Get rid of Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Joakim Noah, and whoever else. Kobe is definitely the best player in the NBA, and getting him would make the Bulls the team to beat in the Eastern Conference. The Bulls are a good team with the roster they have, but I really don't think they're good enough to win a championship. Kobe would give them that opportunity.

8. RarePD

RarePD Registered Member

Gnospostopi, that's the '91-'93 squad you're reffering to I believe, yes quite the team, though I always thought the '95-'96 Bulls were simply unstopabull.

Echoes, you think that would be right? If this happened the Chicago Bulls are going back to the rebuilding process all over again and I really don't want to see that happen. The Bulls are a good team right now, and a good portion of people are predicting that they'd make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I wouldn't say Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA right now. He's never shot over 50% for his entire career, and people want to blame the scapegoat on his horrible teammates? I remember when L.A. had Shaq, Karl Malone and Gary Payton with Kobe, they made it to the Finals but didn't win it all. I don't ever remember seeing Jordan going to the NBA Finals and losing.. LOL

Plus Kobe is coached right now in L.A. by arguably the greatest basketball coach of all time. Kobe doesn't care if his team wins or loses, he just wants to score 35 points per game and lack it in assists. He doesn't make his teammates better like Jordan, Jordan made Pippen the best all-around baller in that era and he was even able to coax Dennis Rodman to behave for three straight years. (sort of ...lol)

I could see why Kobe would want out of L.A. sincer Lamar Odom is improving and slowly becoming the Lakers superstar, he's posting PERs that match Pippen in the eary 90s so I don't see any reason why he can't even make it past the first round of the play-offs without Shaq.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Kobe is absolutely the best player in the NBA. Who else is there? Lebron? He's still a couple years away from being the complete player Kobe is. Tim Duncan? He's up there, but he's not the unstoppable force that Kobe is, plus he has so much talent around him that he doesn't have the pressure on him to perform at the highest level every single game like Kobe does.

It all depends on what the Bulls have to give up. If they have to trade Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, and Thomas or Noah, I'd say no. It would only be worth it if they get to keep Deng. They wouldn't really be rebuilding. Add Kobe to whatever is left of the Bulls after a trade and they'd easily be one of the top two teams in the Eastern Conference. Hell, Kobe led the Lakers to the playoffs the last couple years with no help from his teammates, in the much deeper Western Conference. And Kobe is the kind of player you need on your team to win the big games in the playoffs, which is what the Bulls are missing.

10. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Kobe might be the best player, but there is nothing better than the Bulls durring there prime

but I also have to say
    Nash
    Stodimire
    Diaw
    Marion
    Bell

could give those Bulls a run for there money (and the suns got screwed last year)
    ------
    Paxson: Kobe's Not Going to Chicago

Chicago GM says Kobe not comeing to the Bulls

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007