• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Kobe Bryant - The Return

dDave

V.I.P.
Hopefully this return goes better than Derrick Rose's return. I feel so bad for that guy.

Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers to make season debut Sunday - ESPN Los Angeles

Kobe Bryant is returning to the court this Sunday after 8 months of injury leave.

I can't wait to see Kobe play again. I'm hoping that he'll be able to play as he always has, he's so much fun to watch as an athlete.

I really think he can change the fortunes of the Los Angeles Lakers this season.

Thoughts on his return?

Zenheizer

needs practice
Kobe had a rough day. He will have to remold his game a bit, just like Derrick Rose will.....I think he's the type of player who will do anything to win, which also means he will change roles, shot attempts, etc. to succeed. But I'm not sure if he'll ever get ring #6, Lakers have no bench and the team is not very good.

dDave

V.I.P.
Kobe had a rough day. He will have to remold his game a bit, just like Derrick Rose will.....I think he's the type of player who will do anything to win, which also means he will change roles, shot attempts, etc. to succeed. But I'm not sure if he'll ever get ring #6, Lakers have no bench and the team is not very good.
Lakers have no bench? That's not how I would say it. They actually have the best bench in the entire league. Now, they were awful last year, but the bench is pretty darn good this year.

I too have my doubts about Kobe getting ring #6. The Western conference in general is quite good. The East is all but unthreatening though.

I think that if we give it 10-15 games that we'll see Kobe playing at a level that makes it look like he never sat out.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I disagree, the Spurs have the best bench in the league. I agree for the most part with Zen, Kobe doesn't have the team around him that can help him get ring #6. The guy is still a great player, and a player than can and will alter his game because he's not the player he used to be, but he doesn't have the support to be a real contender.

dDave

V.I.P.
By the numbers the Lakers have the best bench.

I think the main issue is that Kobe has a very specific play style. You've got this team that has been getting very used to playing without him in these past months. Bringing Kobe back really changed the way the team dynamics work.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not a fan of the Lakers or Bryant but I do hope he stays healthy this year and doesn't have any setbacks and can regain some of his magic.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I don't think so either. The thing is Kobe came out right after high school thus at 18 and 19 he was playing an 82 game schedule plus the playoffs when other 18 and 19 year old kids were playing a third of those amounts of games in college. He has more wear and tear on his knees than others his age because of that, at some point it had to catch up to him.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tough break for Kobe and the Lakers for sure

He's trying his best to be like D-Rose

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 3
Babe_Ruth NBA 2
dDave NBA 11
StroShow NBA 12
S NBA 7