Kobe Bryant or Lebron James?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by dDave, May 6, 2009.

?

who is the better player?

1. Kobe Bryant

62.5%
  2. LeBron James

37.5%
  1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Alright guys, it's been a debate between a few friends and me about who the best player in the NBA is, they say LeBron is the best player and I'm saying Kobe.

They're both amazingly talented but I say Kobe, but who do you say is the better basketball player?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I have to say LeBron James is the best overall player. He's a better passer then Kobe, both are incredible offensive players, both play hard defense, both are great rebounders for their position.

So it's pretty close when you compare them, but when I look at both of their overall games, I have to say that LeBron is more of a complete player then Kobe Bryant, but it's very close.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd rather have Kobe on my team. He's a proven winner. He's a better defender, better shooter, and a good passer and rebounder.

4. Babe_Ruth

I think their pretty equal when it comes to defense. James could of been the defensive player of the year. I have to agree with you that Bryant is a better shooter, but James improved his shooting this year. He just needs to become a better three point shooter.

Kobe is a proven winner, but he had Shaq those three years when he won them. I am not saying Kobe didn't help with those Championships, but Shaq was the main reason they won in my opinion. They haven't won anything since Shaq left.

LeBron as a chance to win it almost all by himself this season. He doesn't have a Shaq type of player to help him.

5. Major

The Lakers have been the #1 team in the Western Conference (the stronger conference) the last two years. Only an all-star Celtics team beat them last year. The Cavs have been impressive this year, but we'll see what happens when the competition steps up in the Finals. Nobody in the East has the quality to knock them off.

6. Babe_Ruth

Don't you think the Lakers from last season were a team of all stars as well?

During last years finals, Kobe struggled on defense against Paul Pierce and Ray Allen, Pierce could almost do anything on Kobe during last years NBA Finals.

You'd be surprised, the Eastern Conference team beat the Western Conference teams in head to head match ups this season, so the East is not as weak as you might think it.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

One major problem that I have with LeBron is this odd obsession with chalk.

[​IMG]

I think that the guy has an ego problem trying to do the chalk thing just like MJ did (first)

But obviously thta has nothing to do with whether or not he is the better player over Kobe.

Both of these videos are from the 1st half of this season.

YouTube - Top 10 Kobe Bryant Plays - 1st Half of 2008-09 Season

YouTube - Top 10 LeBron James Plays of the 2009 Season

clearly they're both very impressive players, but I do feel that Kobe is a lot more of a well rounded player on offense while they are fairly equal on defense, Kobe's shots seem to be a lot cleaner to me.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  8. Major

You can hardly compare Pao Gasol and Lamar Odom to Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. They're good players, but they're not going to take over a game. Kobe is clearly the go-to guy on the Lakers, while the Celtics had three go-to guys.

The East is definitely slightly better this year than in recent years, but the West is still stronger from top to bottom. It proves my point that Kobe can still lead a team without Shaq. I agree with you that Shaq was the MVP of those championship teams, but I think Shaq still needed Kobe to win those championships, the same way Jordan needed Pippen.

9. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Being a Cavs fan, I would have to say Lebron James.

10. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

If you are asking me right now who would I take; Lebron or Kobe then I'll say Lebron James without any hesitation whatsoever.

This will be a debate that wages on for a while but when its all said and done James will have had the better career. He's the best.